Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other Channels empty again!

Options
  • 09-07-2008 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My saved 'other channels' have been emptied again. Is this done by Sky or a glitch. It happens now and again and I can't figure out why. It's a pain to have to input all the codes again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

It seems some boxes have 'problems' remembering the channels added manually. The general tip is to try avoiding adding too many. A quick search of your particular model will reveal people sharing the same problem -- some boxes don't seem to have any such issues.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I read somewhere that using Interactive services can sometimes trigger the Skybox Alzheimers. Not sure how viable a possibility it is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Funnybones

Thanks Ethernet and Byte, I had just re-input BBC News and it seems it was the straw that broke the camels back. I've pruned my new list .. lets hope it holds. I have a Grundig box from 2001 so that's probably it. Will give Sky the elbow soon anyway, I am so angry at their profiteering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭emaherx

Theres the problem I'd say. My parents box old Grundig from early 2000's suffers the same problem. I have never come across the problem on my own Amstrad or Panasonic Box's.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Using the reminder/schedule tends to wipe "other channels".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

What about sky+

Advertisement