Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis - Levine v Isner.

Options
  • 09-07-2008 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭

Funny thread 'Levine v Isner In Play' on the Betfair Tennis Forum http://forum.betfair.com/

Its about 20 pages at this stage but Cliff Notes from Lori will give you an idea.

Scoreboard and odds didnt match up.

People started betting thinking match was rigged/bot had gone mad

Scoreboard went one way , odds went the other, about two people work it out and get laughed at

People pile their banks on at about 1.10 on a guy who should be 1.01, much joking takes place about how they've just screwed someone out of their bankroll and how evil bots are.

Game ends, much more mirth as they get paid out.

Real result is found on another website.

Lots of backtracking and panic.

Payout is reversed, mugs who thought they were getting free money proceed to cry and whine for 600 posts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Interesting thread alright. A lot of repetition but. I concentrated on Dawsy who claimed to have put in £13k to win £2k or thereabouts. Claims to have been refunded now.
    My own opinion is that as BF provide the link to the scoreboard in order that people can bet they should be held in some way liable if that source is unreliable (i know they give Caveats). I'm sure it wouldn't affect their bottom line in any meaningful way. But having said that I wouldn't have backed it myself if the odds/score match up and clearly that was the case.
    Cheers!

Advertisement