Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Road, Carrick on Suir shops

Options
  • 08-07-2008 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there are any plans for retail units beside Aldi on the Waterford Road, Carrick on suir? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 daisychain

They are available for rent for anyone who wants one. However, developments of this nature usually only succeed in getting retail tenants for the smaller units when there is an anchor tenant in the biggest and most prominent unit. The development was zoned for retail units for the sale of bulky consumer goods.

Heatons was secured as an anchor tenant for this development. The town council (by a vote of 8 members to 1) however blocked them from coming to town as, shock horror, Heatons sell clothes which are not bulky consumer goods. They conveniently forgot that Heatons also sell big household items, I know anytime I go to the one in Clonmel I come out weighed down with stuff that I have to lug all the way back to the car park. No, a Heatons with ample free parking bang outside the door is just more convenience than the people of Carrick-On-Suir deserve, apparently :mad:

There were also 50 jobs to come to town with the Heatons store, so in an unemployment blackspot like Carrick we will continue to take our social welfare payments and monthly child benefit out of town, supporting jobs in other towns, to buy our childrens clothes because unfortunately they don't stretch to enabling us to clothe our kids in the one and only childrens boutique down town.

Advertisement