Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook for Apple Virgin?

Options
  • 08-07-2008 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

Want to get a new laptop and love the look and feel of the Macbook but have only used PC's before. Is it difficult to make the move from PC’s and what are the merits of a macbook?

Thanks,

A.B. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

There's a number of threads on this very topic, so try the search function.

And just before the flamewar starts, I will not tolerate any fanboyism or irrational nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

get a macbook you won't regret it. You can kiss goodbye to spyware and viruses for the most part aswell. You can even run windows on a mac if you want so you have the best of both worlds.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There's a bit of a learning curve going from windows to osx but I doubt it would be anything that you would have much trouble with. Worst case scenario, you can always buy a book about macs and osx. I really wouldn't let the fact they're different put you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

You'll love it. Sleeker and more user-friendly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Exposing my innate techno crapness here but I do most of my work in the office on a pc. If I save files etc to bring them home to work on will it be compatible with a macbook?

Thanks,

A.B.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

yeah definitely compatible with office for mac and pages i think. openoffice and neooffice are both free downloads and they are also compatible i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Exposing my innate techno crapness here but I do most of my work in the office on a pc. If I save files etc to bring them home to work on will it be compatible with a macbook?

Thanks,

A.B.

As long as you don't use Access you're fine.

Advertisement