Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell E laptop

Options
  • 08-07-2008 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

With the very good thread on the Asus EEE-pc i wanted to see what peoples thoughts are on the new Dell E laptop that is due for release in August it looks like. This will be a serious contender against the EEE-pc and I think it may be better but am unsure yet.

Link below shows some information on the new release by dell which I am very much looking forward to.

http://www.liliputing.com/2008/06/dell-e-specs-leaked.html

There will be a 8.9" and 12.1" screen which is nice to see but will probably go for the 8.9 myself if i decide on it.

Anybody got any further information on these as they look pretty good. Installed with Linux, SSD ( they are calling it flash HDD), and options of webcam and bluetooth.

I was almost certain i was going to go for the Asus EEE 901 when it released but this may put a spanner in the works as it looks like it will be cheaper and possibly better.

Any thoughts on this one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It's great to see the competition heating up.

I for one am sick and tired of lugging my Precision M65 brick along with me everywhere I go. I swear I will have back problems later in life.

I wonder what the build quality will be like? I always find Dell that bit flimsy (apart from the XPS range), so it will be interesting to see how many corners they cut to get it to this price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I think dell will be really competitive on this one. the predicted price looks to be good and the specs look good with the diamondville processor being used.

I too am sick of lugging around my inspiron 6400 around although I spent good money on a good backpac which made all the difference IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Personally I think that the dell looks the weakest of all the "eee" contenders. The base spec is pretty woeful, i'd put it on a par with the eee surf. As you move up the value chain it looks a bit better but I'm not sure if they will be able to compete with the eee, the aspire one, the wind and it's rebadged offspring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Personally I think that the dell looks the weakest of all the "eee" contenders. The base spec is pretty woeful, i'd put it on a par with the eee surf. As you move up the value chain it looks a bit better but I'm not sure if they will be able to compete with the eee, the aspire one, the wind and it's rebadged offspring.

I think the video version and video+ version looks like it could be a good contender to it especially with the decent processor onboard. I think the price will definitely be a deciding factor in this market.

Advertisement