Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Fog Where to get???

Options
  • 08-07-2008 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

As the title says lads does any of the airsoft shops do it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

I got a can of it in the motorbike shop on Camden St. for about €6...doesn't seem to work tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭davidd24

Used stuff called "cat Crap" or something like that at HRTA Sunday seemed to work but id like to get a spray stuff and see how i get on with it

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭A.T.F

Main Irish Airsoft have anti fog spray

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭NinjaLmk

Ive used the Divers Spray Anti-Fog and that works for a good length of time, maybe 3-4 applications for the full day of skirmishing,
    Cant remember the name thou, but can get this eve if you need to know it.

yeah man just si ck of fogging up specs,gone thru 3 different pairs of goggles and no luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

when you say 'specs' do you mean you where your glasses under your goggles ?

no man my actual safety goggles,i dont wear glasses sorry if that was put forward!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

Tried and tested.
    A bit of washing up liquid - fairy.
    apply of a glasses thin layer and let it dry. don't put to much so the lens will not get distortions.
    Just don't touch the lens after that.

I used it on Guarder C4 and it worked the whole day that was very warm and partly rainy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'm told that clear (i.e, not anti-dandruff or women's) shampoo/showergel works well - just a tiny bit.

Edit: Pipped to the post by theburi!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

Look at www.fogtech.ca they ship to Ireland and are very quick but have not used it yet so can't tell you if it is any good.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

washing up liquid does prevent the fogging but it can also just make the goggles get realy wet, then the washing up liquid reactivates and you get soapy goggles.,lol
    I gave it a go last week to try it out.,

the best thing to do is to get 2 20mm PC fans and fit them into a pair of goggles, works a treat.,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

main irish airsoft do anti fog googles,but if you want to splash out 165.0 euro,be my quest lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Just go onto ebay and do a search for 'CatCrap' - its effective for hours at a go and cheap. You take a little, smear it onto the googles and leave it for about 10 mins or so - long enough to dry in. And then you buff it gently with a cloth/tissue/rag and away you go.

I don't really need to use it anymore since I've got a pair of ESS advancers that clear themselves quite nicely but work completely differently to the ESS turbofan model found on MIA

I was looking at the turbofan models this morning,very nice.
    I used the cat carp and found it effective so i might try and get some of that
    Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

davidd24 wrote: »
    I was looking at the turbofan models this morning,very nice.
    I used the cat carp and found it effective so i might try and get some of that
    Thanks lads

I have the ESS strikers, which are fantastic. Only thing is that if you're sweating havily on account of being a tubby git, the y eventually get condensation (i.e. water) on the insides, which doesn't block your view but distorts it a bit. Really takes care of the fogging though :-)

I've just ebayed some of that catcrap stuff, so I'm going to see how it works in the turbofans.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I have the ESS strikers, which are fantastic. Only thing is that if you're sweating havily on account of being a tubby git, the y eventually get condensation (i.e. water) on the insides, which doesn't block your view but distorts it a bit. Really takes care of the fogging though :-)

I've just ebayed some of that catcrap stuff, so I'm going to see how it works in the turbofans.

If your into it mate ill go in on some of that catcrap from ebay that you get?

Advertisement