Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY HD Box Freezing

Options
  • 07-07-2008 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi

Anyone had this problem, the picture one my Sky HD box keeps freezing. The sound keeps playing away in the background but no movement on screen. If i change channels then it goes away for any length of time from 5 mins to an hour and then it will freeze again.

How do I reset it and if I do will I loose all the recordings on the hard drive?? If I do reset should it work. The box was installed Sept 06

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

:)
    RockCastle wrote: »
    Hi

Anyone had this problem, the picture one my Sky HD box keeps freezing. The sound keeps playing away in the background but no movement on screen. If i change channels then it goes away for any length of time from 5 Min's to an hour and then it will freeze again.

How do I reset it and if I do will I loose all the recordings on the hard drive?? If I do reset should it work. The box was installed Sept 06

Thanks!
    System rebuild should sort it out. Go to services type in 407, and you should see system rebuild and full system rebuild and select either one, the latter one will delete all your recordings.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 RockCastle

Cheers for that! Is it just me but the Sky HD Boxes just don’t run as smoothly as the standard ones or is it because I have one of the older ones. I get a lot of failed recordings and the menus are just slower.

My old standard box never acted up in any way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Your right, HD boxes are not as reliable as standard boxes

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Was your standard box a Thomson?

Personally not a fan of Thomson products.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Agreed, takes ages to get a callback off them, although not as bad as the older "whistling" thompson boxes.

Don't know if anyone else has came across this but i've found with thompson boxes, both Std and HD that 10.773 v 22 5/9 nearly always returns a no signal found result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Sam Radford

The Thomson power supplies start to fail after typically 15 - 18 months. Yours is already on borrowed time. You might like to fix it before "expensive smoke" comes out! You should then find that it runs a lot better.

http://notonyourtelly.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1390

• Registered Users Posts: 35 RockCastle

Yea mine is one of the orginal Thomson ones! I wouldn't be a fan of the stuff either.

Advertisement