Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know???

Options
  • 07-07-2008 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Rite my first thread here.
    I'm intending on (eventually) getting a WWII loadout together and was wondering is there any M1 Garands available other than the marushin because you need an M1 for a proper loadout:D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

the m1 is a very expensive item , we've tried sourcing them a few times at a decent price without any luck.

interestingly its way more cheap to be the bad guys.
    there must surely be one on the way though , cause ww2 airsoft is really gaining a strong following. i would advise patience tbh (i give the advice i cant follow myself :rolleyes:)

edit : just remembered reading about someone converting an m14 , can anyone confirm ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

other than the gnn your only other option would be a m14 conversion http://www.freewebs.com/azrmachine/m1garandwoodstock.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭coys

Thanks puding ehrm me trying to mod an aeg would more times than not end up in tears, but you never know i might get a bout of courage and take it on:D.
    i'd probably prefer to wait for a nice(and Cheap!!!!!) chinese clone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

That kits is just replacement parts, no real modding required.

Tommy guns are common enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

KAR 98s seem to be good value if you dont mind joining the AXIS forces.

http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=38&products_id=215

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Not really scirmishable sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Marushin do a beautiful M1 Garand, complete with proper top loading 8 round clip and that lovely "ping" noise when it's empty and ejects. At about €300 it's not exactly the most expensive piece of airsoft equipment you can get but despite how awesome it's clip loading system is, the fact that ejects the 10 buck magazines makes it a little impractical for general purpose skirmishing. Same reason I'm not gone on the Marushin (or Dboys) Kar98, the shell ejection is impractical. Gorgeous, and great performing, but impractical.
    There are other options though. M2 Carbines are available for about the same price in a gorgeous walnut finish. The downside is the mags are about 40 bucks a pop. The upside of that is that it's full gas blow back, so you get a lovely working bolt with recoil and a beautifully authentic "clack" on every shot. Far more practical for skirmishing a WW2 loadout.

For the budget kit though, there are clone Thompsons and a vast range of 1911s for cheap too.

Advertisement