Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Similar Required

Options
  • 07-07-2008 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hey All,

Just a quick question, we're in the process of buying our house and the sale agreed sign is up.

However also on the sale agreed sign there is another bit of text saying:

Simular Required

This isn't a mis-spelling (on my behalf!) this is actually what's on the sign. Does anyone know what this could mean? I don't want to ask the real estate agent because I'm trying to delay him on something. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Apparently it is a word, but I'm pretty sure your EA didn't mean to use it...
    Simular

–noun
    1. a person or thing that simulates; pretender.
    –adjective
    2. simulated; false; counterfeit.
    3. imitative; simulative.

Then again...maybe they are one of the few EAs with career vacancies at the moment :pac:

"One who pretends to be what he is not; one who, or that which, simulates or counterfeits something; a pretender."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

bugler wrote: »
    "One who pretends to be what he is not; one who, or that which, simulates or counterfeits something; a pretender."
    Like one of those ghost bidders.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

SkepticOne wrote: »
    Like one of those ghost bidders.

So you reckon they are looking for a ghost bidder to bid against us? But we already have sale agreed on the house and the deposit paid over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Shades799 wrote: »
    So you reckon they are looking for a ghost bidder to bid against us? But we already have sale agreed on the house and the deposit paid over?
    Sorry just joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

They want a similar house in that area as they have other potential buyers lined up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Iago wrote: »
    They want a similar house in that area as they have other potential buyers lined up.

Exactly. I actually thought the OP was taking the mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

This is a strange thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

Sorry all, no wasn't taking the mick, just didn't have a clue what it meant! Thanks anyway, we got the house :D

Advertisement