Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop screen lighting failure :(

Options
  • 07-07-2008 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hello all
    I have a problem with my laptop which has been building for the last few days. Late last week the screen started flickering&then going black. On close examination i could make out the icons&wallpaper if i looked very very closely so it was obvious that the laptop hadn't actually died, but the lights on the screen had failed. The laptop was still working away as usual apart from the black screen.
    A shut down&restart of the laptop restored the lights to the screen but since yesterday the screen is constantly dark.
    Can anyone advise me on the seriousness of the problem? My laptop is an Inspiron 1300 by the way. I believe it's been a bit of a bogey model but i will have mine almost 2 years soon. So i don't know, maybe it owes me more.
    If you know a cure for this screen lighting failure i'd be most glad to hear it.
    Of course i'm writing from work at the moment since i can't use my own laptop :)
    Thanks everyone
    DG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Sounds like either the backlight itself or the invertor that powers it is dead. This will probably be quite expensive to fix if its not still under warranty, unfortunately. There's another thread here recently about the same thing.

If you need to use the laptop in the mean time you can probably get by with hooking it up to an external monitor.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Advertisement