Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience with Recruitment Agencies in CORK, which one to go with?

Options
  • 07-07-2008 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi, I am looking for a job and so far I have very negative experience with 2 recruitment agencies in Cork. The first one I approached was Premier Recruitment. When I met them they advised my CV was impressive and asked me to work only with them. I agreed. I also pointed out although I spoke German and I had done an internship in a German company I am not interested in working with German. Subsequently I was approached on 3 occasions with job offers all of which with German as a requirement. I reminded that I do not want to work with German after which they stopped calling me. They were advertising plenty of positions every day, I sent them emails I was interested in 2 positions which also fit my profile perfectly but they just stopped returning my emails/ and one call.
    So I decided to move to another agency, I will not say the name as I am still with them but I am not sure for how long. The reason is I recently finished a temporary contract with them which was great. However when I was working in the company I had the temporary contract with I found out my CV had not at all been submitted as promised by the recruitment agency during the initial screening of candidates and I was just lucky that I was immediately available at that time, all 3 selected candidates failed to show up one after another so I was contacted by the agency urgently and had to start immediately. This led me to believe they aren't at all acting in my interest. I am wondering how many other posts they have failed to send my CV for.
    So at the moment I am in two minds and I would appreciate any advise or if you have personal experience to share. I am new to Cork, what is the best way to search for a job here? Also if I need to use an agency what agencies are best to work with in Cork? And finally both agencies I have approached asked me to work only with them but so far my loyalty doesn't seem to pay off. Should I work with more than one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

during my occassional forays into looking for a decent job back in the capital i've found every recruitment consultancy in cork to be beyond useless, they don't seem to understand the simplest of instructions (even called me about a job offering 1/5 of the minimum salary i had specified to them once), seem to know little about the skills they are recruitng and seem utterly incapable of calling you back / emailing you regarding any questions, fair to say my personal experience of them has been entirely negative.

don't worry about using multiple agencies, one of them might accidently contact you about something relevant some time, if you can bypass them by using the job sites / going direct then do, would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement