Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does the sky hd pricing work

Options
  • 07-07-2008 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

my package on sky plus at the moment is the 6 "mix" packages plus sky sports 1

if i stay with this package, do i get the sky sports 1 hd for my extra €15 , or will it cost me even more to get the sky sports 1 hd

the cheaper box is looking tempting at the moment, but want to know the price of channels

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dhaumi

Of course not, otherwise most of us would switch to HD. All you'd get with the 6-mix package is Sky One HD, BBC HD, Rush HD, Luxe HD...(probably forgot some).
    You still need to pay for the premium channels (not to mention the cost increase from September on). It is utterly annoying to pay this extra 15€ on top of buying the HD box. It makes people like me waiting for PVR-HD Freesat receiver...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭colinod

dhaumi wrote: »
    Of course not, otherwise most of us would switch to HD. All you'd get with the 6-mix package is Sky One HD, BBC HD, Rush HD, Luxe HD...(probably forgot some).
    You still need to pay for the premium channels (not to mention the cost increase from September on). It is utterly annoying to pay this extra 15€ on top of buying the HD box. It makes people like me waiting for PVR-HD Freesat receiver...

so do i need to have sky sports 1 before i have the priviledge of ordering sky sports 1 hd or can i get it sky sports 1 hd and cancel my sky sports 1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

The way i understand it is, you just pay the €15 extra per month on top of what you pay now and whatever you are able to view now (sky sports etc) if there is a HD version of that channel than you can view that one too.
    You can not cancel your own sky sports as you will then not be able to view the HD version.

Saruman wrote: »
    The way i understand it is, you just pay the €15 extra per month on top of what you pay now and whatever you are able to view now (sky sports etc) if there is a HD version of that channel than you can view that one too.
    You can not cancel your own sky sports as you will then not be able to view the HD version.

so basically ill get the package i have at the moment plus sky sports 1 hd for an extra €15

Yes, you do need to have Sky Sports 1 before you can even watch it in HD, I reckon if you have Sky Sports 1 AND a HD subscription (15€), and the HD box, you can watch Sky Sports 1 HD. Just like if you have the Variety mix, you can get Sky One, and if on top of that you have a HD subscription/Box, you can get Sky One HD.
    The HD subscription and the channels packages you have are 2 different things.
    I'm curious, how much do you pay for Sky sports 1 on its own?

• Advertisement

dhaumi wrote: »
    Yes, you do need to have Sky Sports 1 before you can even watch it in HD, I reckon if you have Sky Sports 1 AND a HD subscription (15€), and the HD box, you can watch Sky Sports 1 HD. Just like if you have the Variety mix, you can get Sky One, and if on top of that you have a HD subscription/Box, you can get Sky One HD.
    The HD subscription and the channels packages you have are 2 different things.
    I'm curious, how much do you pay for Sky sports 1 on its own?

i think its 47 euro for the 6 mixes and sky sports 1

so if i get the sky hd with 6 mixes and sky sports 1 an SS HD 1. my bill will be €62...correct?

Correct indeed. Hopefully they decrease or cancel that HD subscription. Maybe next summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rob_T

Do they waive the €15 if you have Sports and Movies?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

No
    Rob_T wrote: »
    Do they waive the €15 if you have Sports and Movies?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rob_T

Tony wrote: »
    No

Well thats made my decision to wait a lot easier. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

:)
    Rob_T wrote: »
    Well thats made my decision to wait a lot easier. :)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement