Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone cuts to message minder too quickly !

Options
  • 07-07-2008 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi all, does anyone know if there's a code or something u can put into an O2 pre pay mobile that'll make it ring for longer before it goes into message minder ?

I know with vodafone u have to put in some code where u can change the time to 30 or 45 seconds, is there something similiar with O2 or do i have to ring customer service to change it ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I called up O2 and asked them to extend the time, which they did. Not sure if you can do it directly from the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

On prepay ring o2. Max is 20 sec.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Zorba wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone know if there's a code or something u can put into an O2 pre pay mobile that'll make it ring for longer before it goes into message minder ?

I know with vodafone u have to put in some code where u can change the time to 30 or 45 seconds, is there something similiar with O2 or do i have to ring customer service to change it ?

Thanks in advance

Don't know if you've noticed but 45 seconds is a very long time when someone is ringing you and probably won't bother waiting for it to go to message minder either.

How long does it ring for at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

on meteor you can do the following on your phone to extend the time before going to voicemail.

e.g. **61*08XXXXXXXX**20#

where 08XXXXXXXX is your mobile number.

in the example above 20 represents "20 seconds".

not sure if vodafone/O2/tesco/3 supports the above....probably do.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

laoisfan wrote: »
    on meteor you can do the following on your phone to extend the time before going to voicemail.

you can't do it on o2 pre pay, they disable it for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭RodVelvet

Always thought max was 30 seconds according to most handsets anyway in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

RodVelvet wrote: »
    Always thought max was 30 seconds according to most handsets anyway in my experience.

i've set it to 30 on meteor anyway. maybe o2 are different. and the handset has nothing to do with it. the maximum is set by the network

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

random wrote: »
    On prepay ring o2. Max is 20 sec.

Really ? Thought u could extend it to 45 sec ?

How long does it ring for at the moment?

Think it only rings for 20 sec at the moment which isn't long enough.
    laoisfan wrote: »

Yes there was something like that i done on my vodafone phone and it worked but seems u can't do it on O2.

Sam

Guess i just have to ring O2 up then ......

Thanks for all the quick replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Zorba wrote:
    Really?
    yes
    Zorba wrote:
    Yes there was something like that i done on my vodafone phone and it worked but seems u can't do it on O2.
    Again, ring O2 but 20 secs is max if that's what you have now
    Think it only rings for 20 sec at the moment which isn't long enough.
    Try a different ringtone? Find something that starts off loud and has no silence at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

anyone know how to change this for vodafone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement