Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swim socks.

• 07-07-2008 12:24am

Have you ever caught a verruca off the pool?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Clseeper

Nope, never have and I've swam all my life. What makes it worse is I'm notoriously bad at not bothering to wear flip flops or pool shoes, I’ll just go barefoot. I get a bit of athletes foot every now and again but that’s easily solved with some powder and more attention to drying my feet.

I wouldn’t let that put you off. Just make sure there are no little cuts or broken skin on your feet, make sure you dry your feet thoroughly after the swim and just some flip flop at the bank and you’ll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

2 places it is easiest to catch verucca:
    Timber benches and any unchlorinated standing water (puddles)

On those swimming socks, I personally do not see the benefit of them, They are a big barrier to swimming properly, as nobody can get a decent kick with them on. If you already have a verucca, wear them, If you don't, get some decent pool shoes and use them in the changing rooms. The pool bank is usually wet with chlorinated water more than fresh water, so the chances of getting a verucca from the deck are fairly slim. Some people are more susceptible than others to verucca though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

got one last month on the inside of my small toe :(
    dirty feckers in the changing rooms .
    How easy are they to get rid of. Anything in particular I should do?

I caught them before and I was always vigilante with my flip flops. :confused:
    I went to a see a good chiropodist and she put stuff on that removed the layer of skin over them.
    Then she removed the cores with a scapel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭dosed

Ive never gotten one. and ive been around pools my whole life. i tend to walk around barefoot on th pool deck alot too.
    Its the changing rooms you should worry about.
    swimsocks are pointless, you cant swim while wearing them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 TheOtherDave

Caught one once, took ages for it to clear up.
    I wear flip-flops between the pool and changing room now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I've never caught one (touch wood) and I go barefoot all the time. I haven't been active lately but up until a year or so ago I was swimming at least 4 times a week.

Pool socks annoy me, I think they just look silly.

Advertisement