Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 6th Thread

Options
  • 06-07-2008 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I want one!

2008-Bentley-Brooklands-coupe-33.jpg

I also always had a soft spot for the Alfa 75 for some reason.

Poor old James, every time thet are in convey Hammond always makes sure to hit him

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I'll tell you what I want, a VW Scirocco! Only saw it when they were finishing up talking bout it which i'm pissed off at but WOW! Think i'll seriously start saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Missed it:(...was watching the tennis,had to pick it over TG this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Repeated on Friday at 7 bbc2

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

kmart6 wrote: »
    Missed it:(...was watching the tennis,had to pick it over TG this week!

+1

What a great match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

I really want them to do another race but theyve done everything the northpole, raced planes, raced bikes and boats whats left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I really want them to do another race but theyve done everything the northpole, raced planes, raced bikes and boats whats left?

I read on their site that there is a big race coming up....they dont give much away except that it will take place in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Is that not the bullet train v nissan gtr race?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Good episode, was so funny when Clarkson and Hammond spread cheese all over May's engine! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Mweelrea wrote: »
    Is that not the bullet train v nissan gtr race?

I believe it is and i can't wait :D

On topic though, tonights show was very good as usual, the challenge was yet another descent into mayhem and good fun all round. And the stars in a reasonably priced car? i love Gavin & Stacey so was nice to see them guys on it too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭positron

missed it too! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭The Stig

Best one of the series so far.
    Hammond crashing into may will never get old!!!

The sirocco looked Hot with the same price tag as the GTI.

will this be the case in Ire as well?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Did it really make anyone else want to invest in a worse-for-wear Alfa just because?
    God I love those crappy crappy cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,272 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

How the hell did he get an alpha GTV for less than a thousand quid? It looked brilliant and it didn't seem to have too much wrong with it... well, relatively speaking

Looking on auto trader and other sites, the cheapest you can get one is 5 grand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

There was quite a bit of rust on it that didn't show up on camera + they are creative about how they buy them. JC bought the 75 for £450 but also gave the seller £650 for inconvenience.

LOTP wrote: »
    I read on their site that there is a big race coming up....they dont give much away except that it will take place in Japan.

Sounds good so cant wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Missed it. On holiday till saturday with poor reception on RTE1 RTE2 and tg4 :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

positron wrote: »
    missed it too! :(

Mod edit: No talking about infringing copyright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I hope Viacom haul your ass! :pac:

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Good episode. May was getting really thick when Hammond kept ramming his Alfa!

Next week is the Japan episode, I can't wait...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

mike65 wrote: »
    I hope Viacom haul your ass! :pac:

Mike.
    Down with that sorta thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭positron

I don't know what I did with my computer, but this episode somehow appeared on my hard disk this morning, and I have to say, its brilliant! :D They made up for the sloppy first episode, and a bit more! The team behind the camera / editing for that Bentley has to be the same team that did the Audi RS6. Just awesome!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,712 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Best comment was Hammond giving out to Clarkson about the blowout, Clarkson rebuke.

"At least I took it like a man and didn't end up on Fern and Philips couch crying about it" - Brilliant :D

Boggles wrote: »
    Best comment was Hammond giving out to Clarkson about the blowout, Clarkson rebuke.

"At least I took it like a man and didn't end up on Fern and Philips couch crying about it" - Brilliant :D

That was gas:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Akrasia wrote: »
    How the hell did he get an alpha GTV for less than a thousand quid? It looked brilliant and it didn't seem to have too much wrong with it... well, relatively speaking

Seemed like the clutch was knackered - did you not see him trying to pull off?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,272 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Seemed like the clutch was knackered - did you not see him trying to pull off?

yeah but you could get a new clutch for a few hundred quid, grand tops, well worth it for a beautiful machine like that...

(how much is 24 hour breakdown assistance? :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Is it repeated on BBC3 anytime. Please be. As i said previously:'(

Advertisement