Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jamma/arcade machine

Options
  • 06-07-2008 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

ive just purchased a 3 button jamma arcade machine, can anyone tell me is it possible to upgrade to a 6 button panel,,also anyone selling any jamma boards or if they can tell me what the multigame boards are like e.g the 235 ion 1??

much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭darth conway

actually if anyone is of any use setting up/wiring these machines if appreciate some help with it, i can pay cash if needs be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

JAMMA only has 3 buttons as standard, I believe. Any games that require extra buttons have them as connections on the game board. Wire them from there to the extra 3 buttons on the cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭phillo

JAMMA Arcade Machines are easy to upgrade to a 6 Button machine.

What you need is a Kick Harness. More info here.

There are many types, which do you require? One for a Mortal Kombat Board, Street Fighter Board or a MAME Machine?

They are pretty easy to make. I made one a few years back for a MAME Machine. Here is the wiring diagram.

Alternatively you can buy one on ebay

I might have a spare connector lying about, I'll take a look later. Watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭phillo

I couldn't find any connectors, but, I'm pretty sure you can get them in Peats, Maplin or Radionics for about 50cent.

Good luck with the cab.

If you need any more info, Just Ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

where you based i could probably help out if your in dublin, its not that hard to do to be honest.

• Advertisement

im actually in sallins area beside the train station if thats any use to you

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

Im northside of dublin, basically you only need 3 buttons per player unles you get a special fighter like street fighter or i suppose tekken. In hat case all you have to do is drll out a new hole with a hole saw and pop a button in and connect up the necessary KICK harness that game needs. If you dont have a game that needs the extra buttons your ok. i have a 1069 in 1 gamebox and its cool you can easily mod it and put different roms on if you want.

If you got one of these you get the kick harness with the board and you just have to buy a couple of buttons on fleabay and pop them into your drilled out holes.

Im still very new to all this myself but its not that hard if your really stuck i can arrange to meet up with you but it all depends on what you want to put in.

http://www.jammaboards.com/store/1069-in-1-games-family-multigame-system/prod_243.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/HAPP-JAMMA-ARCADE-PUSH-BUTTONS-BUTTON-WKS-W-MAME-TM_W0QQitemZ260260117941QQihZ016QQcategoryZ13718QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ITS JUST THE WIRING IN THE MACHINE SEEMS REALLY BAD , THE ODD SPARK HERE AND THE SAME WIRE HOOKED FROM ONE CONNECTOR TO ANOTHER- IM KNOW ELECTRICIA BUT IT DOESNT SEEM RIGHT TO ME, IVE ORDER THE FULL JAMMA LOOM WIRING AND JUST OURCHASED AND RECIEVED EAGLE'S 235 GAMES.Ive been talking to mitchomagic and he said he maybe able to help aswell so im just going to wait on the guy who sold it to me to come back and see if he will re-wire it thats if he comes back to me, otherwise im left with 2 options, try and have this one done up re wired and turned into a 6 button cab , or buy a new one!!! anyhow as i said im muck at this stuff so if you have any suggestions id be happy to hear from ye

ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

Sorry darth conway but that new loom was the cause of your sync issues, If you get another cabinet give me a shout and i'll give you a hand with wiring, etc.
    If I come accross a cabinet with 6 buttons I'll give ya a PM

Advertisement