Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touchpad acting up...

Options
  • 06-07-2008 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

I've done a fresh install of XP Pro and now my Touchpad is acting strangely. It automatically drifts to the bottom left hand side of the screen.

I can drag it around, but as soon as I stop moving it, it starts to drift back to the bottom left hand corner. Which is obviously a pain in the ass.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,097 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

your touchpad might require a driver update from your laptop manufacturers website.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Its not a Dell C600 or C610 by any chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Nope not a 600 or 610. I've searched for driver updates and started in safe mode but it's still pretty ropey. Though as soon as update manager started doing its thing, the performance seems to have improved somewhat...

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Jackovarian

ive had a similar problem with a few of my machines. mine stick on screen and i have to press the up arrow to get it bacxk moving. happened after a reinstall also. no amount of driver updates fixed it. just bought a usb mouse.

Advertisement