Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How negotiable are dealer prices?

Options
  • 06-07-2008 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I intend to buy an E200 04 Merc- elegance. The average dealer price as shown on carzone.ie is 28,000. I am going for a straight deal. What would be reasonable that I think I can get one of them cars for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I'd say link to one or two cars you're interested in on Carzone and let us see exactly what you're looking for. There may be specific negotiation points or features that affect how much you should expect to pay (mileage or colour, for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Nothing is shifting at the moment. A straight deal with cash is the strongest position to be in. Shop around and be cheaky, don't be afraid to make your offer and when it's rejected tell them to call you back within a week if they change their mind. Anything that will reduce inventory, even at a small loss, is going to be desirable for most dealers right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Is that not an ideal candidate to be purchased in UK? I would investigate pricing including VRT from UK for this model then you know what you should be getting it over here for.
    I'd say sales are very slow everywhere & you'll squeeze a good deal right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Dealers want finance deals, cash is less attractive to them these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Bluefoam wrote: »

I'll take a straight cash deal ANY day of the week:D

OP, As for the E200, ur in a great market to buy, because the are impossible to sell. I'd bargain, bargain and bargain. Go for avantgarde as well, get the highest spec possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,133 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bluefoam wrote: »

In the current market a car salesman who refuses any sort of reasonable straight cash offer will be looking for a new job next week I'd imagine.

Finance maybe a added bonus on the deal but far from a deal breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

bazz26 wrote: »
    In the current market a car salesman who refuses any sort of reasonable straight cash offer will be looking for a new job next week I'd imagine.

Finance maybe a added bonus on the deal but far from a deal breaker.

Aye, and rates are going up the whole time, so it's sometimes harder to get finance, and to get people approved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

OP, As for the E200, ur in a great market to buy, because the are impossible to sell. I'd bargain, bargain and bargain. Go for avantgarde as well, get the highest spec possible.
    Holy sweet Jeebus, a 1.8 Merc won't sell these days:eek:? Exactly the type of car I would have thought would be hard to keep in a showroom, just shows how much times are changing.

Advertisement