Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bet query?

Options
  • 06-07-2008 3:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Right, on thursday I put a bet on valverde to win the tour de france the price at the time was 4/1, so I put twenty euro on it. All my betting slip says is valverde 20 euro, nothing about what odds? I don't gamble usually but am into cycling so thought 4/1 was a good price. If valverde goes on to win will what odds will I be payed out at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Did you ring the bookie to ask?

The people here can hardly be asked to guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

I can tell him - you'll be paid out at 4/1. When you go to collect (if he wins!), the staff will just check what price if was when you backed him and pay you at that. 100% certain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Sabertooth

in future take a price...if he's listed at 4/1 when ur backing him write 4/1 down on the betting slip....that way there is no confusion. if/when u return to collect.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭raheny red

Exactly. There's a good chance that when you go back in to collect it that it may not be settled and with the amount of idiots that work behind the counters these days you could be there for a while. The majority of girls that work in bookies these days shouldn't be allowed work anywhere else apart from a beauticians or hairdressers. They simply just don't have a clue....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Pay peanuts get monkeys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

depending on the person who is settling your bet,most will settle at the price he was when he won and not the ante-post odds. You should pop back in and get them to put the odds on the slip. I work in a bookies and if some-one came in to me with an ante-post bet and no odds on the slip, I would settle it at the Sp. Its their problem if they didn't take the price:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

depending on the person who is settling your bet,most will settle at the price he was when he won and not the ante-post odds. You should pop back in and get them to put the odds on the slip. I work in a bookies and if some-one came in to me with an ante-post bet and no odds on the slip, I would settle it at the Sp. Its their problem if they didn't take the price:p

The SP of what orchid, this isnt like a normal horse race, do you mean the price he was at the beginning of the very first stage ( which will still be 4/1 btw) or he's SP at the beginning of the final stage, which if he's in yellow will be massive odds on??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

franglan wrote: »
    Right, on thursday I put a bet on valverde to win the tour de france the price at the time was 4/1, so I put twenty euro on it. All my betting slip says is valverde 20 euro, nothing about what odds? I don't gamble usually but am into cycling so thought 4/1 was a good price. If valverde goes on to win will what odds will I be payed out at?

if you don't take a price then you get the odds that he goes off at.
    example if he's 4/1 today and goes off at 2/1 - you get 2/1. This is the rule.

Some bookies do special deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

Went in and asked, i'm getting 4/1 like at the start,when i put the bet on.

Thanks for the help anyway,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

The SP of what orchid, this isnt like a normal horse race, do you mean the price he was at the beginning of the very first stage ( which will still be 4/1 btw) or he's SP at the beginning of the final stage, which if he's in yellow will be massive odds on??

Yes, I mean the price he will be at the beginning of the final stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Yes, I mean the price he will be at the beginning of the final stage.

no bookie would ever do this orchid or they would very quickly go out of business, i know where your coming from on the SP thing but it doesnt work like that in an event like the Tour de France or a world cup etc, you get the price your selection was at the beginning of the event.

Advertisement