Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Carpe Diem

Options
  • 06-07-2008 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember this stuff? I remember the ads on tv for it back in, I think it was 1999. Some bald American fella starred in the ads, singing at the end of the ad " Every time you say goodbye, I DIEEE a little". I have never tried it or seen it in a pub. Anyone know what it was like?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I dont remember this stuff - what was it lager/stout ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Kilkenny -- Diageo's nitro red ale -- is still around, mostly in touristy pubs. I've a vague memory of them using "Carpe Diem" as their advertising slogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

BeerNut wrote: »
    Kilkenny -- Diageo's nitro red ale -- is still around, mostly in touristy pubs. I've a vague memory of them using "Carpe Diem" as their advertising slogan.

Oh, I know the standard Kilkenny, I thought Carpe Diem was some other side line they had released years ago that never took off, like Breo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

c - 13 wrote: »
    I dont remember this stuff - what was it lager/stout ?

Think it was a type of smooth lager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I do think this is actually an ale, but the Coors Killian's Irish Red Ale is all intensive purposes a red lager, which was originally an ale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I do think this is actually an ale, but its is supposedly lagered

Coors Killian's Irish Red Ale is all intensive purposes a red lager, which was originally an ale .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭DenMan

Can't say I ever heard of it. I have never been in Kilkenny before. There are quite a lot of bars in the town from what I have been reading recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Malmedicine

Kilkenny was the ale, Carpe Diem was just advertising...............Like Guinness....Its good for you.

Advertisement