Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WC winning captains

Options
  • 05-07-2008 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

1. Apologies if this has been asked before, Name club team who had 4 WC winning captains playing for them at the same time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

new york santos? (beckenbauer, perriera, moore....pele?)
    i say that even though i know pele didn't captain in a WC... i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DubCul

Close, but not all correct.rolleyes.gif

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well it was New York Cosmos, not Santos, and Carlos Alberto Torres, not Parreira, but I can't find a 4th player so I reckon fatgav has the answer more or less right.

New York Cosmos is correct, Bobby Moore and Franz Beckenbauer also correct. Carlos Alberto also, who is the 4th?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Did Bobby Moore play for the Cosmos? Link?

• Advertisement

He did. The 4th should be very easy nowwink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭ZiggyStardust

Bobby Moore never played for the cosmos. He played for san antonio and seattle in the NASL.
    Can't think of the other captain. Is it a trick question?
    World cup winning captains.... '58 Bellini, '62 Mauro, '78 Passarella, '82 Zoff, all of who never played in NASL....
    Who is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Yeah is there any link to back up whether Bobby Moore played for NY Cosmos. I can't find anything to say he did.

Not meant to be a trick question (I don't like them) my info was that Passerella was the 4th.

Apologies if this is not correct, I was given this info long before the Internet was available:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

cosmos.. but of course. d'oh

• Advertisement
Advertisement