Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky problem

Options
  • 05-07-2008 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Folks
    Need some help or advice please.

My sky box is on, the sky remote is working when i press the buttons , but nothing coming on, i have tried done a manual tuning search via the tv remote to find my lost "sky channel " but nothing, can find all other normal tv channels but no sign of my sky channel.
    Anyone any ideas on my problem ?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

possible ---- make sure the TV channel is on EXT 1 or EXT 2 --- anyway go to channel 1 on the TV and go backwards 0 is next , AV is next, then the ext 2 and ext 1 are next

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

triple h wrote: »
    possible ---- make sure the TV channel is on EXT 1 or EXT 2 --- anyway go to channel 1 on the TV and go backwards 0 is next , AV is next, then the ext 2 and ext 1 are next

Thanks for the reply, yip all the above is fine on my tv, anything i can try to do..its baffling me where the channel is gone, it was there last night when i turned off the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭jonnygee

push scart lead fully into back of tv and skybox, has probably come loose .if this doesnt work post back with more info.

Still no luck with getting my sky channel back, every cable in where it should it,
    Has me stumped big time, guess i need to get someone with a bit of knowledge to come out to the house and look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

try this - pull out every plug and cable from the sky box. Make sure the sky box has no power going into it. Leave it like that for about 5 minutes. Then plug the sky box back in and connect all the cables to the tv again.

• Advertisement

triple h wrote: »
    try this - pull out every plug and cable from the sky box. Make sure the sky box has no power going into it. Leave it like that for about 5 minutes. Then plug the sky box back in and connect all the cables to the tv again.

Thanks a lot mate... your advice worked a treat , sky is back in the action in the house...cheers

Advertisement