Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

birds on dish

Options
  • 05-07-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

how do i keep birds from sitting on the dish and the lnb arm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

Shoot them? Best way to stop a big fat pigeon attenuating your signal. :D
    Or more humanely , cut a length of carpet gripper rod to the length of arm and glue it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

i`ll give the second suggestion a try, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Rippy wrote: »
    Shoot them? Best way to stop a big fat pigeon attenuating your signal. :D.

Heh a friend of mine had a similar problem and did shoot them.........with a cap gun ;) His is attached to his chimney and he has one of those velux windows in his attic/bedroom

After a few times the little shítbombers stopped going near his dish :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

Put cable ties on, With the excess of the ties facing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

dolittle wrote: »

Might be a little noisy for a while but, you could contact your local
    Army barracks and get the Reserves to come on down the next time they're doing an artillery exercise. There's nothing like a few rounds from a 105mm to get rid of pesky birds. Of course the neighbors will probably whinge about it, but then again they might not, they might not complain about anything ever again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭BrianPK

I was tormented by jackdaws sitting on my lnb arm so I solved it by tying a piece of very thin pvc about 1" in height and the length of the arm on to the top side of the arm .It's too thin for the birds to perch on comfortably and so, I'm not tormrnted any more.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

dolittle wrote: »

Is the solution not obvious???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

lol @ Zaphod good answer my man...

Lol seriously though do as kilasser suggests and put cable ties on, With the excess of the ties facing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

MACHEAD wrote: »
    Might be a little noisy for a while but, you could contact your local Army barracks and get the Reserves to come on down

On a slightly more serious note though, cable ties should do the trick. Space them close together so the buggers can't get a space to land on.
    On legal advice I must hereby withdraw my previous suggestion, as you would be required to distribute ear defenders to everyone in your neighborhood.
    On balance a pack of cable ties would would be the cheaper option!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Great suggestion that one with the cable ties. I had the same problem in my old MMDS house. The evening was terrible for birds sitting on the MMDS antenna.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

thanks for all the suggestions and the cable ties seem to be working fine
    thanks again everyone

Advertisement