Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USPS

Options
  • 04-07-2008 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody else ever had to suffer them?

****ing nightmare of a tracking system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

normally there tracking system only ever confirms that the parcel has been received for shipping or left the country anything else i;ve found is wishful thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I recieved an email from paypal saying the package was due for collection on the 23rd.

By the 24th there was no info displayed then I checked their help section and it said their tracking only gets updated in the afternoon, and to try again then. I mean, what's the ****ing point of a tracking system if it's not live?!!?
    That's not the end of it. It went for five days without updating, I was nearly going to report the seller to Paypal....then it finally updated, only when it left the states. WTF?

And whatsmore, it arrived in Britain, two days ago. But is still only updating in the afternoon...American time.
    So I won't have an update for hours yet.
    Very irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭I.A.S. Ltd.

You think thats bad? I was setting up an account with UPS during the week to be told that they wont ship Airsoft Guns. I replied with "We only recieved a package via UPS last week containiing a very large Airsoft Machine Gun" and they replied saying that the person is obviously shipping without the knowledge of UPS!

that is strange as i had a parcel that was open and searched by ups just this week and they had no problems with aegs then ......:rolleyes:

...I mean the United States Postal Service.

• Advertisement

my first comments where in regard to usps and my comments after ias post where in relation to ups , ias's was a bit of topic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Always found USPS to be fine, got some stuff shipped over using them, they offer fairly decent rates in comparison to the courier companies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Having an issue myself with USPS, I think...

Ordered a battery and charger from onlybatterypacks.com (2 different orders in 2 days) the charger arrived in 1 week, no sign of battery. Now 1 month later still no sign, and am being told to keep waiting and that "USPS does not supply any tracking with international orders" by the supplier, doesn't sound right to me. Shipping was supposed to be 7 - 14 working days, including all weekends and holidays, that was 2 weeks ago :(

Contacted An Post, they said that the USPS always includes tracking on international shipments, unless surface mail.

Anyone any experiences with USPS like this or onlybatterypacks.com ?

Steve

Mine was international and had a tracking number!

It was given to me the second the collection was orgnaised.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I've heard UPS also send everything for customs checks. Dunno if this is true but I fopund their tracker to work, up until the stuff went to Garda Ballistics and then they were and absoloute pain to deal with, no very helpfull at all but eventually I got my MP7, which then turned out to be utter ****e but thats another story.

• Advertisement
Advertisement