Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little suggestion, a camera day...

Options
  • 04-07-2008 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, a camerman sucks tbh. Non combatant who gets in the way, gets shot and generally is always in the wrong place when firefights brake out. The solution, lots of cameras including head and gun cams. This will allow us to make a true Promo for the sport here and could be displayed in walk in stores or embeded in online stores and played at demos (Such as Toys for Big Boys).

So, I suggest a "Cinematic Day". We would get a load of players onsite and hopefully a load of cameras too. I think Fingal is the best option for cinematic effect while still easy to get to for the epicentre of players. I've asked Bren and he likes the idea. They have ~60 on a good sunday and in the dense site thats loads of action. So, before anything is decided, a show of interest is in order I think. Provisionally I'd say go with 27th of July or 3rd of August(Sundays). Dave, mad charges might be good btw :P. Anyone have some fancy kit,(Yes, thats you lemming!) come along and bring it. I would make a copy of any digital footage and DV tapes I could take, rip and return them. Also, anyone else who would like to cut their own version I can organise to give you a copy of the raw footage. Note: Cameras would be mounted around the site in trees and dont worry, I can get some perspex and make mounts to protect your cameras.

So what do you think lads and ladies? Giz and Fletch, you in?

And the list:(Copy and paste and add yourself)
    * THE LIST *
    Lethal_Bullet - 1 DV Camcorder, 1 Guncam

Simon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭major sims

without proper planning , or with cameras spread throughout the site is more lightly to leave you with hrs of vid that is hard to sync up with other cameras feeds, script the whole thing with a shot list for each camera person ,play the same game type ( war head or 6 mill hill for exapmle ) so you get what you need. not forgetting that teams and players / actors will not be live fireing , except where direction will allow in a safe controlled way. pm me with more details ( have a bit of history in this area )

Regards

Major Sims

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Have a Sony MiniDV Cam,
    Would want a copy of the raw footage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Is there any where you could get head cams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

I'm a pretty nifty editor, I'd like a copy of that raw footage please

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Killinator

i always bring my helmet camera and my digital camera, and usually through a vid together anyway

Cheers.
    Very tempted.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Cheers.
    Very tempted.....

You should be...
    Have that camera and its quiet versatile.
    The fact it uses SD cards means you dont have to have any wires in your setup. And it uses batteries so you dont have to worry about it being useless once it runs out. Just pop some more in and then fire away... please,PLEASE excuse the pun!!:p

You should be...
    Have that camera and its quiet versatile.
    The fact it uses SD cards means you dont have to have any wires in your setup. And it uses batteries so you dont have to worry about it being useless once it runs out. Just pop some more in and then fire away... please,PLEASE excuse the pun!!:p

Sold!

Sold!

Oh and a nice little feature is before you actually record anything a flashing laser will help you see where the camera is pointing for optimum positioning.

• Advertisement

Oh and a nice little feature is before you actually record anything a flashing laser will help you see where the camera is pointing for optimum positioning.

Fine fine, how much do you want?

Fine fine, how much do you want?

Ha, ya right!!
    Like it too much to sell it, you'll have to get your own mate!!:D

Well you basically sold it too me.*
    I am greatly tempted now....
    Must look into it more first.

*Obviously not yours

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If I didnt already have the gun cam I'd buy one of them. But see I still need to buy a cheap camcorder to record to. Then all I need is battery pack for the receiver and my mad little system will be up.

Thats why I went for that camera, didnt want a complicated setup. Just something quick and easy, and of course I didnt want to risk brining even a cheap camera out into a skirmish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

You can get the same one for cheaper on e-bay. I just bought one for 34 Euro including shipping. It is exactly the same one. The only thing is there is no priority shipping options.

All I did was look for helmet cams and there it was.

Hopefully it won't have a fit when it comes within range of vista though....
    Is it easy enough to copy the files to your pc?
    Then i can go at it with sony vegas pro!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

Sounds good, I have my camcorder but trying to get my hands on some pro kit at the moment. iether way im up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Killinator

Hopefully it won't have a fit when it comes within range of vista though....
    Is it easy enough to copy the files to your pc?
    Then i can go at it with sony vegas pro!

Assuming you mean the tony hawk camera,
    it comes with a cd with an editing program, but thanks to vista giving it the finger i havent seen it yet,

thankfully you can just access the the memory card via a card reader/device that vista allows and copy and paste files to your hearts content,
    it really is very easy altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

erm, i dunno about this idea Lethal
    I like where you're coming from (and I appreciate the cameraguy always being shot)
    But this is gonna give you hours of possibly useless footage. I know when filming out in the feild, the most useful function is the zoom! People are running around too quickly. and you'll be fairly miffed wasting a whole video with the cam helmet after filming the sky for 6 hours.

Also the different formats in a timeline will make it absolutely horrible for you when you edit, the formats in one timeline will just not work!
    some peoples cameras are DV, miniDV, HDV, and even mpeg 2
    It just won't work lethal! :rolleyes:

What software did you get to edit in the end?
    I still think Final Cut is the best :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

There is certain areas on the site that you'd get really good footage from because they all ways see lot's of action so I'm looking forward to seeing this get of the ground, sure you don't know until you try it and anyway the marshals can carry camera's as well;)

Bren

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

Gizmodeon wrote: »
    erm, i dunno about this idea Lethal
    I like where you're coming from (and I appreciate the cameraguy always being shot)
    But this is gonna give you hours of possibly useless footage. I know when filming out in the feild, the most useful function is the zoom! People are running around too quickly. and you'll be fairly miffed wasting a whole video with the cam helmet after filming the sky for 6 hours.

Also the different formats in a timeline will make it absolutely horrible for you when you edit, the formats in one timeline will just not work!
    some peoples cameras are DV, miniDV, HDV, and even mpeg 2
    It just won't work lethal! :rolleyes:

What software did you get to edit in the end?
    I still think Final Cut is the best :p

this does sound good i was looking at gun cams /helmet cams on ebay but just cant justify buying more airsoft related stuff, :(

just in terms of timelines it would be great to a have a storyline based video, so if sites are running mil-sim events you can add in some text about whats happening in each clip and build a bit of excitement as the day progresses,

theres plenty of videos of uk and us sites on you tube operation irene for example looks cool, video quality wise it may not be great but its great to watch,

i dont think people ar expecting the next spielberg or even his cheap mexican counterpart senior spielbergo :), so go for it and give it a try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

johnboyire wrote: »
    i dont think people ar expecting the next spielberg or even his cheap mexican counterpart senior spielbergo :), so go for it and give it a try!

Simpsons reference. Nice one, Centurion. Like it:D

Advertisement