Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[News] ICS M4 Clone?

Options
  • 04-07-2008 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Just saw this post on airsoft-news.eu:
    Yia Dyi: AIM reinforced plastic M4s
    New reinforced plastic M4 from AIM. News courtesy of Yia Dyi:

Dear Sir:

We are glad to have this opportunity to introduce you the "New M4 Reinforced Plastic Version".

It's a good news for war game player who wants to buy an economical and endurable M4 series. The Upper,Lower receiver and Carring handle are made by Reinforced Plastic. Other parts and accessories are designed same as Metal version. Very easy to upgrade and modify to Metal version. The M4 reinforced plastic version is unbeatable and perfect for your choice.

Enclosed you will fin the photo information for your reference.

We will be pleasure to serve you if you have any further questions or concerns are not cover in this mail,please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks & best regards,
    David Huang
    Didn't think much of it at first, just another plastic bodied M4 variant, but then I looked at the pics, has the easy change split gearbox, the working forward assist/spring release and the easy split body. I'm guessing their metal bodied variants would be the same aswell then.

aim_reinforced_m4_0407.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

hope they bring out a metal body as your standard metal body are not compatible with the ics m4 so i would say the clone would be the same

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

it'd be sweet alright with a metal body.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Cool, pics are a bit small but you can see its a split type, with a forward assist.

Never heard of aim though.

Just noticed the hop is different too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

As it turns out, this is actually an ICS m4, not a clone at all. There's an update to it on the airsoft-news website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

everyone seems to be making plastic lines now for some reason, G&G have done the same thing,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

vtec wrote: »
    everyone seems to be making plastic lines now for some reason, G&G have done the same thing,.

Its because all us morally corrupt cheapskates are buying chinese rip offs of their guns :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Longsword_CZ

One of my guns is ICS M4 and forward assist is one of the best part of this. Unfortunately it´s is probably last good thing on the gun. External barrel is hold in body by four springs, they never hold in position and before any game you must fix them, or all you barrel and forward part is wobbling.
    I cant imagine how its work in plastic version ...
    Forward grip is not straight, is little bit conical, so you cant use one RIS fitted on this, you need full RIS front set (only from ICS).
    Mechabox from two parts maybe look like good idea, but in fact, it isn't. It´s made for springs M90-M110 and nothing more. If you try use more powerful spring (and I tried) both parts of mechabox are moving against each other and wheels inside mechabox and teethes in piston virtually scream at pain.
    Last wrong thing: 6mm balls only. In time 7 or 8mm balls its little bit old.
    My opinion is, plastic body is cheap, and this is all. Its not better, its not improved, its only cheap. And I trust metal more than plastic and ever will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

It´s made for springs M90-M110 and nothing more. If you try use more powerful spring (and I tried) both parts

you might want to remove this as your talking about >1j springs

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Longsword_CZ

Puding wrote: »
    you might want to remove this as your talking about >1j springs

In Ireland I use M90 (96m/s), in Berget I had M110 (117m/s).

Advertisement