Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental - urgent answer needed

Options
  • 04-07-2008 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi,

I saw a 2 bed house centrally located in Bray for 1300p.m. it just went on market today.I asked her to drop price a bit but she said the landlord will say to leave it a week and someone will pay full price.I have to phone back later if I want it.Mine is the only income in our young family and bills on top of 1300 plus buying tv/hoover maybe etc. should I offer 12 or 1250 and leave them come back or snap it up. We like the house and its right beside my job and the main street.

Aspeedy reply is needed.Thanks guys.

B-rhino.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Hi,

I saw a 2 bed house centrally located in Bray for 1300p.m. it just went on market today.I asked her to drop price a bit but she said the landlord will say to leave it a week and someone will pay full price.I have to phone back later if I want it.Mine is the only income in our young family and bills on top of 1300 plus buying tv/hoover maybe etc. should I offer 12 or 1250 and leave them come back or snap it up. We like the house and its right beside my job and the main street.

Aspeedy reply is needed.Thanks guys.

B-rhino.

tell her 1200 is all you can go to and leave your contact details. If he hasnt found anyone (which is likely) he can come back to you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If it is centrally located, and other people are also likely to be interested in it- then its entirely possible that another person may pay the asking price and be done with it, to secure it. You can offer a lower price- but you have to accept that it is a desireable property and you may loose it.

If you are stretching your finances unduly by paying the rent the owner is seeking- unfortunately you have to accept that regardless of how much you like the house, that it is simply outside of your price range, and continue to look elsewhere.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Cheers for the speedy response lads. I went to Sherry Fitzgeralds earlier, a different letting agent, and they said they had 20 people on thir book lookin for 2 beds in Bray area. I think they meant south Dublin tho, not Bray. Unsure of demand on this place really. I will phone them back around 5 or so,so more advice is appreciated.

briano

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Ok dont let them pressure you into renting it.
    They WILL lie and tell you that others are interested, and that they have lots of people looking for similar places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seahorse

Dont forget to factor in what you'd be saving on monthly transport costs by living beside work OP. Good luck with it, whatever you decide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Do people still go to letting agents to find property? I thought everyone used daft.ie nowadays?

IF you are looking to save some money on TVs and Hoovers etc I'd recommend signing up to freecycle, http://www.freecycle.org/ , its a great way of getting bits and pieces like this from people who are giving them away because they don't need them any more.

Good luck!

Advertisement