Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plasma, LCD or CRT

Options
  • 04-07-2008 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

A few of my mates have bought Plasma and LCd TVs recently, i am in the market for one myslef but just dont think the picture quality is anywere near as good as my 8 year old Panasonic CRT. I will mainly be using it for watching standard Sky and want somthing that will display programs with alot of movement well, eg soccer.

Any recommendations, or should i stick with CRt for the picture quality?

X.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭Homer

Everybody will have differing opinions but I am still not a big fan of LCD especially for standard definition content and moving images.
    A good plasma (i.e. panasonic or pioneer) in my opinion will give you just as good a picture as your old CRT set.

I agree the new generation of LCD sets are getting much much better but I would still go for plasma.
    What size are you looking for?
    Are you going to be gaming on it? As plasmas can still suffer from screen burn whereas LCD does not.

Industria.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

I will be watching SD Sky and DVDs only, im still not convinced, i have yet to see football look good on a flat panel TV in SD.

X.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

xabi wrote: »
    A few of my mates have bought Plasma and LCd TVs recently, i am in the market for one myslef but just dont think the picture quality is anywere near as good as my 8 year old Panasonic CRT. I will mainly be using it for watching standard Sky and want somthing that will display programs with alot of movement well, eg soccer.

Any recommendations, or should i stick with CRt for the picture quality?

X.

Similar to me coming from a 32" sony Trinitron crt. I bought a Pioneer 4280 and i have to say sky looks as good as my CRT and DVD looks better.
    bought my Plasma in Alliance Electric. Drop in and have a look at a dvd in there and see what you think. My Dvd seem to look sharper on the Plasma not sure why but in know my dvd recorder upscales to 1080p and the Plasma prob does some upscaling too.

Advertisement