Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axa to shed 120 jobs and trim pay levels

Options
  • 04-07-2008 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

INSURANCE giant Axa is shedding 120 jobs from its Dublin office, the Irish Independent has learned.

The news comes just a week after fellow insurer Hibernian announced plans to offshore 580 Irish jobs to Bangalore in India.

Axa is planning to cut the jobs by seeking 120 voluntary redundancies across its 1,000-strong Irish workforce. The company is also seeking to restructure pay scales across its remaining staff, in a bid to cut costs.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/insurance-giant-axa-to-shed-120-jobs-and-trim-pay-levels-1425985.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

There are many other forums this news may have been better suited to i.e. Work & Jobs, Dublin City, News & Media or even After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

connundrum wrote: »
    There are many other forums this news may have been better suited to i.e. Work & Jobs, Dublin City, News & Media or even After Hours.
    After hours, "for all things non work related" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

connundrum,

I dont be on them forums, so i dont care. Thanks :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

what the hell relevance has this thread got to do with this forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

One thing I see on other forums, such as politics, is that people aren't allowed to just post articles, without giving their own opinion on it, I think this forum may benefit from that also, after all, this is a discussion forum.

• Advertisement

jon1981,

Think about it, might take you a while... but you might get there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

jetski wrote: »
    jon1981,

Think about it, might take you a while... but you might get there :pac:

yeah im thinking it might...care to enlighten me on your twisted logic?

Nope, go ask a grown up :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guys- behave- its almost like a playground in here.
    Forum rules are that if you disagree with a post- you query or refute the post, but do not attack the poster. It costs nothing to be civil to people. Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement