Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdales Clive Hornby (Jack Sugden) dies

Options
  • 04-07-2008 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Clive Hornby, the actor who played Jack Sugden in ITV1 soap Emmerdale, has died aged 63.

One of the soap's longest-serving cast members, he first appeared on screen in 1980 but it was announced in January he was taking a break because of ill health.

Emmerdale series producer Anita Turner said she was "deeply saddened" by "a devastating loss".

She continued: "Clive will be greatly missed by everyone who has worked with him on Emmerdale during the past 28 years. He was a hugely popular and well-respected member of the cast and a terrific actor."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Begob. I have not watched Emerdale Farm for many years (back in the day it was still Amos behind the bar and Molly was the resident totty). I get the feeling Jack Sugden hasn't been featured much in the last couple of years or is that wrong?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

I hadn't really copped that he hadn't been in it recently tbh! He was in it up to a few months ago I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

He took a break in January but was expected to return, i think..
    I really didnt think that he was that old - anyways RIP Jack Sugden/Clive Hornby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

It's a pity. He was a very likeable character, and a lovely presence on screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

RIP

I hope the rest of Sudgens leave Emmerdale now

• Advertisement
Advertisement