Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep losing Sat reception on SKY+

Options
  • 04-07-2008 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

2 days ago strange events started to occur with my Sat system and I've no idea whther its the dish or the SKY+ box thats at fault.

Basically, I can be watching one station and then decide to select another. What I get on any other channel apart from the one being watched is a 'No Sat reception being received' message. If I check the signal strength etc from the services menu there is nothing coming through at all for either signal strength or quality.

I can temporarily fix this (for a few hours) by unplugging everything for a few secs, restarting, removing the card and replacing and waiting for 2 mins while the skybox resets itself. If I do all that everything is as it should be for a few more hours.

Can you please advise, is this a box or dish issue and can I fix it myself?

Thanks in advance

Keith

Advertisement