Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Customs have me yokes!!!

Options
  • 04-07-2008 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

I've a nice little parcel of stuff (two scopes, two sling ring things, and a Vltor stock) sitting in customs since last thursday without movement. I rang them last friday about it and they hadn't got to it yet - apparently they've a bit of a back log. It's been a week now and I'm wondering how long does it take to get something back from customs?

My only experience with Customs so far has been most of my packages from HK, China, or the USA paying a visit to customs after arriving then heading off the same day and getting delivered to me the next day (i.e. no delay in the usual next day delivery) with out charges. The lady on the phone (shockingly nice and helpful!) asked me if I had received a letter about charges or the like but I haven't heard anything off them!

So the question is how long (now that they've got it for a week) will I be waiting in any of you're experience?

Thanks for the input.

Chuck The 'Human Shield' Buck

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

1 week max

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

they can be down right ignorant in that place, they threaten ya with sending your packages back if ya dont reply to the ASAP but they take their sweet time in replying to anyone else, i had a stock stuck with them once and it took 2 weeks i think, also my Star scar was in there 2 weeks despite the duty being paid on the first day., :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

There's no sign of movement on An Posts site so it hasn't shifted yet. I'll give them a bus tomorrow and see what they have to say.....

DAMN YOU BIFO!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

i noticed that the site doesnt exactly match the status change time. i got on the phone to an post about one of my deliveries and was told it was on route to customs. the next day before the status changed to reflect this i rang customs and was told it was out for delivery and got it that day. the status never changed to say with customs. it just said awaiting delivery

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

lads ,
    customs are quite literally a law unto themselves , i've have combat jackets sit there for 4 days.
    forget trying to figure it out , you'll give yourself a pain.

• Advertisement

Right I finally got 'the' letter form them - i.e. send us your invoice or paypal receipt and you gun license so I called them up and told them that it was airsoft stuff and lady I was talking to said just email in the paypal receipt so I did.

Now my question is how long before I get the customs charge? And how long after they get the cheque for it do they sent the stuff out? They've had my stuff for nearly 2 weeks now. We are not impressed...:mad::mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

you can assume they wont move until your cheque clears anyway ( up to 5 working days) - get your hands on a credit card if you can .

horgan_p wrote: »
    you can assume they wont move until your cheque clears anyway ( up to 5 working days) - get your hands on a credit card if you can .

They don't take plastic apparently (neither credit card nor laser). I was gonna send them a postal order anyway (since it is payable to An Post).

Great, so that means its gonna be another 1-2 weeks to get my stuff! :(:(:(

Way hey! Got an email from customs this morning saying my parcel will be sent out to me and i've to pay il Postino 18 bucks. Nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

customs are quite literally a law unto themselves

I've encountered them a couple of times in the port and I must say not v polite and are definately wannabe police or something. So I am glad you got it back and weren't deported to guantanamo bay or something !

• Advertisement
Advertisement