Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Top Gear ticking off (with appropriate reply from James May)

Options
  • 03-07-2008 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7485313.stm
    Motoring show Top Gear has been criticised by the BBC Trust after viewers complained about "highly irresponsible" footage.

The Polar Special featured hosts Jeremy Clarkson and James May drinking while driving as they tried to reach the Magnetic North Pole last year.

The trust said the scene "could be seen to glamorise the misuse of alcohol".

The show's executive producer said they were beyond the jurisdiction of drink driving laws in international waters.

James May said
    "sod off"

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Oh ya I saw that . They were given out because of the frozen penis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

Yes because drink driving endangers the lives of the pedestrians and other road users of the north pole... o wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

They were "in" international waters so it was perfectly legal.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

mike65 wrote: »

Pc world gone mad.

Good on May tho, takes no shyte anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

FFS what haz the world come to,

Ya become the FIRST team to drive to the pole and some PC Cnut criticises them for havin a celebratory G&T on their way.

Fvckn idiotic, I'm sure someone will be up in arms about Hammonds mistreatment of those poor dogs, he tied them to his Sled and made them drag him to the pole, feckin inhumane baxtrd how would he like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,699 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I'd thought they would be more concerned that the 2 of them were caught on camera asleep booting it over the ice at one stage.

It was in the original airing but hasn't been re broadcast since.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,699 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Great Pics From it

938704162_1549ffd743.jpg?v=0

vlcsnap452946so0.jpg

95464594gd5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

slightly off topic but i was watching an ancient episode of 5th gear this morning when the beardy fella was driving a landcruiser in iceland and he claimed it was the only vehicle to drive to both the north and the south poles yet in the fore-mentioned episode of TG they said they where the first ???
    anyway im off to wonder is there more important things in life to worry about!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

What an episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

in that episode clarkson made it perfectly clear that they were not drinking and driving, they were drinking and sailing so thats fine!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

This is the sort of crap that would really benefit from the vitriolic abuse of numerous posters posting their unified opinion as one in some sort of forum that promotes angry bastardry.
    I'm just saying.

Advertisement