Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New dip. course for trad musicians NUIG.

Options
  • 03-07-2008 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

This is my first ever post on Boards.ie, although I'm a long time lurker!

A new course will be starting, as Gaeilge, this coming September as part of NUIG's outreach programme, for trad musicians/people interested in the staging or arranging of traditional Irish music. The venue for the course, I think, will be a recording studio complex in Spiddal, Co. Galway. No fees, and Udaras na Gaeltachta will fork out 150 a week per participant for the duration of the course. Pocket money..., like! I'm trying to persuade Mr. Gaillimheach to do it as I think it would suit him.

http://www.nuigalway.ie/news/dialann.php?d_id=5280

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

you seem very excited by it, for a first time post!! going by your other posts, i take it your somehow involved in it?? (a guess)??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Its no problem to promote the course, its very relevant and might be of interest to posters/readers.

Though I dunno how many of their intended audience post on boards.ie... no harm all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaillimheach

I have absolutely no vested interested in it. I have nothing to do with the course, nor has any friend or relative of mine either.

I am, however, a huge fan of the trad music sessions of Tigh Hughes' pub in Spiddal and the well-known Charlie Lennon, one of the course lecturers, is involved in those. My husband, who is musical, is considering doing the course at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I was at the opening for this, looks interesting.

Advertisement