Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was my thread locked

Options
  • 03-07-2008 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Can you not ask questions about the iaa, are they some kind of secret organisation?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Take it to feedback

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Buster Hymen

Motosam wrote: »
    Take it to feedback

can you explain please?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Though actually it would be alot better to pm oisin who locked your thread for clarification.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

The IAA have their own forum where you can ask them your self. The topic causes nothing but arguements here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Buster Hymen

I have decided I will not join an organisation that you cannot ask questions about, especialy when you cannot mention them on a site of the sport they are suposed to represent, very suspect:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

Take it to feedback

Power to the mods!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

I think it might be appropriate for you to ask one of the Mods by PM, would hate to see you get in to bother after already being told why once already. PM on of the guys Os1n1n or kd, gandalf.

Actually just saw your reply, ask the IAA themselves mate, http://irishairsoft.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

asking there gets him a biased answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭BFSL

I have decided I will not join an organisation that you cannot ask questions about, especialy when you cannot mention them on a site of the sport they are suposed to represent, very suspect:mad:

Good for you buster:D

There is somthing very suspect alright... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

/sigh

Go here and ask them yourself. You've already shown you're perfectly happy to take the advice of people who have a heavy bias against the IAA so what will it matter if you hear it from their perspective.

The reason why you can't get an answer here is because IAA discussion is discouraged on account of the heated arguments and trolling that used to be caused by people with vested interests and ulterior motives. It was petty, it was pointless, and it was incredibly embarassing for everyone else since this board is viewed by a great many people who are not airsofters, or perhaps are airsofters from abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

and what makes any opinions on boards unbiased? new poster this topic not really a good start, i;ve found the iaa to be rather balanced, its funny how no one seems to take there complains over onto the iaa forums

weeder wrote: »
    asking there gets him a biased answer

And the "no's" he has gotten are unbiased? If he asks ther ehe gets their version of it he has both side and can make up his mind.

If I thought for one second that discussing it here wouldn't end in a big fight then it would be fine but lets face it will end that way.

The IAA were shipped off to their own forum for a biit of peace and quiet on here so that people could talk about the real topic at hand "Playing Airsoft".

Rew wrote: »
    The IAA were shipped off to their own forum for a biit of peace and quiet on here so that people could talk about the real topic at hand "Playing Airsoft".

Whats airsoft?

Puding wrote: »
    and what makes any opinions on boards unbiased? new poster this topic not really a good start, i;ve found the iaa to be rather balanced, its funny how no one seems to take there complains over onto the iaa forums

I will ask one question, what have the IAA constructfully done for airsoft in the last 3 months?, (Nothing)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Whats airsoft?

The sport we play between bitch-fests:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

BFSL wrote: »
    I will ask one question, what have the IAA constructfully done for airsoft in the last 3 months?, (Nothing)

And before the last 3 months?

And what exactly have the nae-sayers done for the sport of airsoft in a constructive manner?

Just for the record I am not an IAA committee member, but I am a rank-and-file member.

I have decided I will not join an organisation that you cannot ask questions about, especially when you cannot mention them on a site of the sport they are supposed to represent, very suspect

another sweeping statement, boards.ie is not open its not free speech and politic on these forums normally end in tears, and chairsofters getting there nickers in a twist.

the iaa before that spent most of there time defending airsoft in a string of radio and newspaper articles, im rather happy that this has died away, i see it as a fact that airsoft was well represented the times people did go after it and know the antagonists have gone off to attack easier targets

what has anyone else done for airsoft in the last 3 months?

iceage wrote: »
    I think it might be appropriate for you to ask one of the Mods by PM, would hate to see you get in to bother after already being told why once already. PM on of the guys Os1n1n or kd, gandalf.

Actually just saw your reply, ask the IAA themselves mate, http://irishairsoft.ie/

The only way he will get into trouble is if it is in the charter that you cannot mention the IAA:D:D:D, talking of Charters, I am still waiting on my request to change a sertain charter;)

• Advertisement

Guys....? easy now, no need for this Sh*te again.

in before the lock

BFSL wrote: »
    The only way he will get into trouble is if it is in the charter that you cannot mention the IAA:D:D:D, talking of Charters, I am still waiting on my request to change a sertain charter;)

it was changed wasnt it? by the way i sent you that request on saturday night

Guys....? easy now, no need for this Sh*te again.

you will never not get this arguments weather is airsoft or swimming or what ever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Ohhh, here we go again,

Keyboard warriors!, Virtual Battle axes at the ready!

Lemming wrote: »
    And before the last 3 months?

And what exactly have the nae-sayers done for the sport of airsoft in a constructive manner?

Just for the record I am not an IAA committee member, but I am a rank-and-file member.

Well this nae sayer dos his bit, I sorted out the laser issue, for a start and I recently organised a public airsoft awareness day and the IAA never even sent a rep, and when asked why, they said that has nothing to do with us

i thought the charter had been changed in terms of lasers, if the change is in regard to anything else please ignore this
    * While it is unclear of the leaglity of using lasers on airsoft devices discusssion of it is allowed here with the understanding that actually doing so may be illegal. Only lasers that meet the following criteria are legal in Ireland:

- lasers of less than 5 milli Watts
    - in the light frequencies of 630 to 680nm

Which means that all Blue and Green lasers (which are out side of light frequencies of 630 to 680nm) are illeagle and should not be discussed here.

*There will be no discussion of the importation or use of mountable Night Vision Scopes. They are classified under Irish law as a "component parts to a firearm" and are illegal to own unlicensed.

no one has a completely on the fence view, you have the supporters and the opposition to me that is healthy, but as in politics it fast turns from healthy debate to name calling and dragging up the past, people makes mistakes but also the right things to do at any point in time is not normally the popular thing to do.

ok im going off on one, signing out of this thread for good

vtec wrote: »
    Ohhh, here we go again,

What else do you suggest?

Its not like we have simulated weapons or anywhere to engage in mock battle for the purposes of recreation now is there?

Don't you know this is the childish debate forum?:pac:

Puding wrote: »
    the iaa before that spent most of there time defending airsoft in a string of radio and newspaper articles, im rather happy that this has died away, i see it as a fact that airsoft was well represented the times people did go after it and know the antagonists have gone off to attack easier targets

what has anyone else done for airsoft in the last 3 months?

As my previous post said, lasers issue and public awareness day!

• Advertisement

vtec wrote: »
    Ohhh, here we go again,

:D +1!!! By the by....hows the Family? all ok mate?:)

Anytrhing to disturb their flow!!!!! yeah Airsoft, great game I hear,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement