Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ibook not working properly

Options
  • 03-07-2008 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

hi
    the aul ibook isn't have its best days
    the battery is a next to nothin when checked
    and the lead won't recharge it for some strange reason
    n e hew I suppose this is where I'll get good advice
    Its been acting funny for quite a while
    I mean Its been loading up funny ,when you'd turn it on it'd give ya the hard disk icon on a blue screen with an arrow to the right
    but last time I turned it on it was back to normal except the battery and lead were still not operating properly
    appreciate n e help offered
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

hupyago wrote: »
    hi
    the aul ibook isn't have its best days
    the battery is a next to nothin when checked
    and the lead won't recharge it for some strange reason
    n e hew I suppose this is where I'll get good advice
    Its been acting funny for quite a while
    I mean Its been loading up funny ,when you'd turn it on it'd give ya the hard disk icon on a blue screen with an arrow to the right
    but last time I turned it on it was back to normal except the battery and lead were still not operating properly
    appreciate n e help offered

And your spell check is failing as well by the looks of it :p

Batteries have a finite lifetime so chances are that it is buggered; . On the charger not working; has the socket gotten a bit loose or is the charger end a bit bent? My Powerbook suffers from the same as well but it keeps working in the long run.

On the other issue regards booting up, the first things to do would be to repair permissions or to run a hardware check (I assume you have the CD's still, have you?) to see if anything obvious is out of place. Do you get any kernel panics occuring to you from time to time?

Advertisement