Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will TV Bought in IRELAND will work in CANADA?

Options
  • 03-07-2008 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,

I bought a 37 inch LCD TV here in IRELAND (Model No: 37PF5521D/10).

Since, I am moving to Canada will this Television work.

If 'NO', Is there anyway we can make it work?

Thanks,
    Rahul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hi rahul,

Moving this thread from Television to the knowledgable folks over there at the Home Entertainment forum... good luck with the move!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

It wont work as it is but I think you can get a convertor for it as the power in Canada is 110 volts and Ireland is 220volts, there may also be issues with it being PAL and Canada using NTSC which may limit what will be displayed.

To be honest unless you are getting it shipped for free you would be better off sticking it up on adverts.ie and buying another one in Canada as it will just be too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,015 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

You can buy pal/ntsc converters. I've seen some of these somewhere for a couple of hundred + but don't know what the conversion quality is like. I also don't think that it would be worth the hassle and extra expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭Homer

You wont need a pal/ntsc convertor as that model (as will most modern screens) accepts either format.
    You will however require a voltage convertor to convert the voltage from european to canadian.
    TV's generally don't draw a big current so it wouldn't be expensive, however, if it is going to cost you a lot to ship it as mentioned already you would be better to sell it and buy a new screen over there.

Cheers,

Industria

Advertisement