Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Suggestions!

Options
  • 03-07-2008 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Folks,

I'm an absolute chess noob. I couldn't tie the laces of a BEGINNER player, so I'm not the kind of person to write good, long, informative posts. That being said, I'd like to recommend that some of the chess veterans that may frequent this forum would consider pooling their knowledge for a few "sticky" type threads. I'd of course help to the best of my abilities.

Anyhow, ideas are:
    • Newbies/Beginners Guide (Resources, links etc)
    • Strategy/discussion threads - Ever been in the Alternative/Indie thread? They do an "Album of the Week" thread every week. Why not post a move for discussion or even a decision put on a player! It'd be easy and us newbies could gain a lot from this sort of thread. I'd be happy to
    • Tournaments/Events thread - self explanatory. Wouldn't know how necessary this one would be.

Right... I reckon that'd be a good start!

Post your feedback in this thread!

Regards,

Conan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Good idea, as a beginner what links have you come across so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

I've got a decent set of bookmarks at home. Anything chess related is blocked in work as it comes under "games".

Watch this spaceeee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭falloffgirl

Great idea. I'll try thinking of some stuff. I'd like to see this forum used more.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

moved to the stickied thread

Advertisement