Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Inspiron 9400 & Iqon, N95 & iPod

Options
  • 03-07-2008 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    My laptop, along with loads of data was stolen yesterday from my flat in Ranelagh. Thankfully most was backed up, but small things like text file todo lists, jotted down figures i needed to keep have been lost, along with stuff I never remembered to back up - firefox profile, that kinda thing.

Just wondering if people could keep an eye out if they are offered anything.
    The laptop is an Inspiron 9400, with scratched and faded plastic.
    The keyboard was replaced, and will feel somewhat cheap - also, it's US layout, which should be rare in Ireland. The number 2 has @ above it, and the ' key (where @ is) has " above it.
    The enter key is half size - not normal on dells. It's fairly high spec, 2gb ram 250gb 7200rpm, nvidia 7900 gs, 1.8ghz C2duo.

Also taken was a cheapo tesco Iqon Laptop, and a 20gb iPod photo and a Nokia N95 wine coloured so if you spot them together..

Bit of a longshot, they're probably already fenced onto somebody else - but hey, anybody with any info might PM me.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

That's nasty. At least you can have your phone blocked. What goes around comes around.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hard luck buddy.
    Hope the insurance covers it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Cheers folks! No insurance alas.
    I have the phone's IMIE, and it's a modern N95 - reckon they can do anything with that? They're incredibly advanced..
    it's switched off atm as far as I know, but still..??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

They can disable it if you call the network its on. Blacklisting the phone based on its serial number, even if you dont have the serial number.
    At least report it anyway, if you do get it back you can get it unblacklisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

no use to you now I know, but there's a couple of 'invisible' apps out there that you can install on an n95 that will allow you to track it via the GPS on it over t'internet.

even if the sim is changed etc. you can still follow it around and even send specially formatted sms's to it to perform various functions like wiping the phone, setting off an alarm etc. one even has an option to take a pic of the thief via the phone's camera.

here's a couple of them in case you get a new n95, well worth a purchase imho just to keep it safe:

http://www.symbianguru.com/phone-guardian-s60-3.html

http://www.guardian-mobile.com/

http://www.symbianbrains.co.uk/

• Advertisement
Advertisement