Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITEC Massage Course Dublin - best college ??

Options
  • 03-07-2008 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

i am looking to do an ITEC holistic massage course in Dublin this Oct - can anyone recommend a good college - i have shortlisted the Portobello School, the healing centre (Dame ST) and the Irish Academy of beauty and massage (walkinstown) .......
    anyone in the know - answers greatly appreciated ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 i-want-my-nic

Hey I don't know about one up in Dublin, but I have just completed one in Navan in Meath. It was definately the best course around & I'd highly recommend it if you're thinking of doing a course in that area!

Here's the web http://www.holistic-training.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭christinadublin

I completed the Holistics course at Senior College Dun Laoghaire and highly recommend it. They do CIBTEC and ITEC qualifications for the different modules. It includes sports massage, reflexology, aromatherapy, infant massage, chair massage, tuana, indian head, nutrition and anatomy. They do both part time and full time courses.

(And I don't work for them despite how it might sound.)

Their website is http://www.scd.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

Summer0876 wrote: »
    i am looking to do an ITEC holistic massage course in Dublin this Oct - can anyone recommend a good college - i have shortlisted the Portobello School, the healing centre (Dame ST) and the Irish Academy of beauty and massage (walkinstown) .......
    anyone in the know - answers greatly appreciated ?

Hey!
    Thanks for asking my question for me. I too had shortlisted those institutes. I am moving to Greystones in a few weeks so the Dun L one appeals - have you made any decision?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I would second what Christina said, SCD is very good. I live in bray so it was really handy with the dart

If it is just the massage you want to do and not full blown holistics, SCD also do night classes. 2 nights a week

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

:( back to the drawing board for me so,would like to do the evening course for a qualification.

• Advertisement

The evening course is good, you'll do one evening of anatomy & physiology and one evening of the body massage. it is a very good course and class sizes are small which is also excellent.

I started out doing the evening course and then progressed into the Holistics course

Ok everyone,

if you're interested I'd appreciate your support.

I've made a request in the forums to ask for an Alternative health forum. I'd really appreciate if you could back me up!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57210518#post57210518

Advertisement