Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Additional Sky+ box

Options
  • 03-07-2008 9:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

i already have a Sky+ box and an older 'ordinary' skybox on a multiroom package. I'm planning on replacing the older box with a sky+ box, therefore having two sky+ boxes, still on the multiroom package. Do I need to run an additional cable from the new sky+ box into the dish? I havn't checked but I assume there is capacity in the dish for another cable. This question has just dawned on me, so advice is much appreciated. In my ignorance, I assumed I could simply swap the 'ordinary' skybox with the sky+ box. Forgot about two tuners etc etc. also, do I need specific satellite cable, or will ordinary coax suffice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Was goign to post a thread about this too. Is it possible to have 2 sky+ boxes on Multiroom? I was under the impression it wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 14,862 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

if you look at the multiroom section on Sky's website it offers you the option of a Sky+ box and it is actually cheaper than a regular box (69 for regular, 49 for Sky+)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Near90fm

i think that's for new customers. Either way, I'm not buying a box from Sky. this will be a self-install.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

yep, you'll need to run an extra cable from the dish into the 2nd SKY+ box, then stick your 2nd card into it, ring sky and get them to set it up.

Advertisement