Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Spanish are coming

Options
  • 03-07-2008 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Yes, its that time of year again, where Carlow and most of Ireland is over run with mopey Spanish students! What is the attraction to Ireland?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

Yes, its that time of year again, where Carlow and most of Ireland is over run with mopey Spanish students! What is the attraction to Ireland?!

:rolleyes: To learn English. Better than a load of drunken Irish idiots going to Spain. We've got it easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭inarut

Theres no attraction. They really just come annually as part of large groups to learn English in language schools. I would compare it to us going to parts of the West of Ireland as teenagers to learn Irish in the Gaeltacht areas...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Plus historically our religious believes maked us an attractive option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Predhead wrote: »
    :rolleyes: To learn English. Better than a load of drunken Irish idiots going to Spain. We've got it easy.

Touche!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

It's like Grant Theft Auto out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

talking on stairs and taking up the whole width of paths

Trilla wrote: »

No, thats the French, the French talk on stairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Trilla wrote: »

Yeah, but cum on... just stand there for 10 minutes, open your eyes wide and fill up the oul' w@nk bank!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I'm just back from Florida and that was full of them with their matching backpacks and annoying accents that make u feel like they are talking about you.

And at least Carlow is small enough that you don't need to use public transport where they get on at the first stop and off at the last...also whats up with them never sitting beside each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Ah leave the spanish students alone will ya,they are lovely :D

ya should actually make an effort to meet a few of them, you would be quiet surprised how willing they are to try out their new found english language skills on us.

They are nice people in fairness, and a breathe of fresh air from some of the eejits who plague this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

stick-dan wrote: »
    Ah leave the spanish students alone will ya,they are lovely :D

ya should actually make an effort to meet a few of them, you would be quiet surprised how willing they are to try out their new found english language skills on us.

They are nice people in fairness, and a breathe of fresh air from some of the eejits who plague this country.

Trying to get the leg over then???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

So what age would they be......................

No Spaniards for me this year. Ahhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭carlowguy32

once there spending the euros in this bad time we are experienceing i dont think we should be complaining, especially when their country is being wreaked every summer by the irish & english lager louts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

once there spending the euros in this bad time we are experienceing i dont think we should be complaining, especially when their country is being wreaked every summer by the irish & english lager louts

Whos complaining? Bring on the Spaniards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭HoneyButterfly

Ah they're grand...I just get very jealous of their tans
    But whats up with them always hangin around outside fairgreen?? Fun filled trip for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

too young for the pubs??

But whats up with them always hangin around outside fairgreen?? Fun filled trip for them!

Thats not just Spanish students. I think there is some additional gravitational force in place in the main doorway. People insist on standing there, with trolleys/kids/smoking and generally just blocking people entering!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I don't remember the phemomenon of hanging around outside entrances to building ever being this bad before the smoking ban. Maybe by getting as close to the doorway as possible ppl feel they are in some small way cheating the ban. I know ppl who have walked away from pubs because they thought the ppl outside smoking was the queue to get in.

Advertisement