Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomend me a soldering Iron

Options
  • 02-07-2008 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭

Firstly I'm very sorry about putting this here, but i cant find a better place to put it! (want to suggest somewhere?) (Electrical doesnt seem right either, more for wiring a house kind of questions)

As above, my soldering Iron from Maplin is fairly shagged, so im in the market for a new one. Doesnt need to be amazing or anything. I'll be using it for console repairs and modding mostly, something that has a small head prefered, as i will need to buy a small head for it if it doesnt come with it.

Thanks for any suggestions!

EDIT: the more i think about the more that this is an awful place to put this, thought it kind of fell under the "technology" part , but forgot that this is a sub-forum of computers.... DO'H! Sorry

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Don't worry about sticking it in here. I've put electronics questions in here before. There's no electronics forum that I'm aware of. The " & technology" part covers your question IMO.

Anyway, I wouldn't know enough about the various irons to recommend one over another. I'm sure someone else can help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

If you want somthing hardcore that will last for years, metcal is a good way to go. Usually looking 300+, but youi might pick a good one up on Ebay cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

i got a cheap variable temperature dodad from maplins for about 16 eur, i think its usually 21 or so, its served me well so far, even though the sponge provided was complete tripe

Advertisement