Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What returning shows are you looking forward to?

Options
  • 02-07-2008 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Well, most of the talk around here has been about pilots but what returning shows are you looking forward to the most? I know it's only the summer, but September can't come fast enough. For me:

The Office (Season 5) - Returns Thursday September 25th: I only recently got into The Office, but I've caught up fully and I really can't wait for the new season. I watched Season 4 first because too impatient to go back to the start, but as soon as it was over I watched Seasons 1-3 almost back to back. Looking forward to the spin-off as well, although nobody seems to know what it'll be about or who it's going to star.

Dexter (Season 3) - Returns sometime in September: The books have kept me going since the excellent Season 2 finale aired (except the pretty awful third book, which I'm still trudging through). Former 'L.A. Law' and 'West Wing' actor Jimmy Smits has been added to the cast for the upcoming season as an Assistant District Attorney who teams up with Dexter.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Season 2) - Returns September 8th: I thought Season 1 was excellent and tied in very well to the Terminator universe (and let's give it credit for pretending that Terminator 3 didn't exist!). The second season has been picked up for 13 episodes, here's hoping they're as good as the first 9.

There are a good few more, but just talking off the top of my head. The 24 two-hour special will supposedly air in September/November. As mediocre as Season 6 was, it's been way too long since I've had my Bauer fix.

What are you looking forward to returning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Dexter - Season 3 (the second season was even better than the first and can't get enough of Michael C Hall's performance. Fantastic!)
    • The Office - Season 5 (always excellent.. though dropped slightly in quality near the end of the lasts season)
    • It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia - Season 4 (one of the consistently funny shows - along with the US Office currently airing - and still unheard of this side of the pond)
    • Lost - Season 5 (the 4th season kicked arse.. might be due to the longer break between seasons that the writing remained consistent. And Damon & Carlton will hopefully continue this trend.)
    • House MD - Season 5 (still one of the best and most consistent shows on the box)
    • Breaking Bad - Season 2 (the first season was far too short.. can't wait for more!)
    • Californication - Season 2 (brillant first season with a not so brillant finale - David Duchovny is fantastic in it though)
    • Chuck - Season 2 (the first season seemed far too short also - thanks to the writers strike - and it was probably the best new show of last season in my mind)
    • 24 - Season 7 (kinda more curious than looking forward to.. as each season continues to dip in quality as it goes on)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,607 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

No reasons but i'm looking forward to:

* Dexter
    * Friday Night Lights
    * The Office
    * Heroes
    * Lost
    * Terminator
    * 30 Rock
    * Survivor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Life
    Chuck
    Reaper
    Dexter
    Battlestar Gallactica
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

HEROES HEROES HEROES HEROES HEROES!!!!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looking forward to the return of the following:

- Lost
    - Heroes
    - Harry Hill's TV Burp
    - Curb Your Enthusiasm (probably won't be around 'til '09)
    - South Park
    - Family Guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Spooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Stargate:Atlantis
    • Terminator SCC
    • Lost
    • Battlestar Galactica
    • Heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

One tree hill
    Friday night lights
    Brothers and Sisters
    prob a lot more just can't think of them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Hustle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

The office

Entourage

Scrubs

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

life
    prison break
    Californication
    dexter
    lost
    heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Lost - but what a fecking wait, next year ugh.

24 - i need a jack bauer fix, it's been too long even if season 6 sucked balls - no josh kthxbai.

prison break - will be interesting to see how they will keep flogging it.

heroes - i can't wait for this one, top of the list i think for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

- Lost
    - Curb
    - Heroes
    - Prison Break
    - South Park
    - Skins
    - Entourage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

• Entourage
    • Friday Night Lights (What an awesome show this is)
    • Prision Break

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Lost
    Prison Break
    The Unit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Cremo wrote: »
    prison break - will be interesting to see how they will keep flogging it.

It's definitely coming back then? It needs a handful of episodes to clean up the ending of the last season. Explain the few open ends and solve the whole "company" riddle. But a full season, it's just going to be a bucket of polyfila.
    basquille wrote: »
    Californication - Season 2 (brillant first season with a not so brillant finale - David Duchovny is fantastic in it though)

Can't wait for this, it seems like it's been oh so ling since the last one ended. It was a very good finale, just let down somewhat by an extremely out of character (for the people and the show itself) last minute ending.

basquille wrote: »
    24 - Season 7 (kinda more curious than looking forward to.. as each season continues to dip in quality as it goes on)

4 was terrible, the worst of all the seasons, 5 was brilliant, 6 was oh so terrible, but only after about the half way point. If they completely re-vamp the show, all new characters, whole new plot (not Arab terrorist, AGAIN) then it could actually make another fine comeback.

I've been watching Kyle XY the last few weeks, and I have to say I'm looking forward to it's return. If you discount the whole 7th Heaven style family bits, the Sci-Fi component is quite good.

Battlestar Galactica finale though is the holy grail. Really can't wait for this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Damages.

If the second season is half as good as the first, I'll be watching.

Amazing stuff. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Roses are red

Cant wait to see The Tutors and Brothers and Sisters

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

looking forward to [deep breath]

- Nip Tuck
    - Heroes
    - CSI [vegas]
    - Greys Anatomy
    - Prison Break
    - Friday Night Lights
    - Pushing Daisies
    - One Tree Hill
    - Ugly Betty
    - Desperate Housewives
    - Lost

I have just started on Dexter Season 1 but going on whatever one says about it, i will be looking forward to that aswell :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

jor el wrote: »
    It's definitely coming back then? It needs a handful of episodes to clean up the ending of the last season. Explain the few open ends and solve the whole "company" riddle. But a full season, it's just going to be a bucket of polyfila.

BIG 'PRISON BREAK - SEASON 4' SPOILER BELOW:
    I heard them say on the radio the other day that Doctor Tencredi is back!! WTF? The "company" re-animating corpses now or what.
    Prison Break lost the plot midway through season 2.

Lost and Heroes got a big "ho-hum" from me. 1st half of Lost was great but it just got ridiculous and Heroes was just boring all the way.

Really enjoying Season 2 of Dexter and no doubt Season 3 will be great as well.

Entourage as always should be great. If Californication can get over it's final scene and back to the Gold it was in the 1st season then I'll defo be back for more.

Advertisement