Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD Multiswitch

Options
  • 02-07-2008 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Will any Sat Mutiswitch work for HD, or are there specific ones ?

(i'm suspecting that any auld one will do)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

Any one will do. You will see "HD-ready multswitches" on some US sites, but they are of no use in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Thanks Zaphod, That "HD-Ready multiswitches" was exactly what was confusing me.

Any suggestions as to what make i should be looking at, its a 9x16 that i'm interested in getting

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There are many brands of multiswitches to choose from, as I'm sure you're aware.

For me, I'd maybe choose between Spaun or EMP-Centauri. The latter anyway have a vast range in both Economy Line and Profi-Line. Profi seem to offer a few extras like gain control and ability to use standard quad LNB's. I'm sure Spaun have similar.

http://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?id_kateg=5&id_pkateg=13&nazev=MS9_16PIU-6

it'll be a new install.. so i'll be getting a Quatro. so maybe the economy will be fine.

But i'd prefer to be spending a few extra bob on something that is good and gonna last.

Do you know of any reliable online shops that would do a good deal on them ?.

byte

well, I bought a 5x16 Profiline recently from hm-sat.de no bother

I notice they've the Profiline 9x16 for €189 or Ecoline for €139 ex shipping.

You can buy from EMP directly too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I've been using 16 in + terr, 16 out EMP economy for nearly 2 years no problems.
    LNB 1 is @28.2E and works with Sky

The signal level may drop but that is not important as the quality (SNR really) is not affected.

The US uses a different system, hence they need a different product. As a rule of thumb NEVER buy anything from US that is connected with Radio/Tv/Satellite/DVD/VHS/Camcorder/Recordplayer

Thanks for the info Byte./Watty

I only need a 5x16, but i thought that i might be better with a 9x16, just incase i decide to add 13˚ at a later stage

seeing as i have your attention.. what would be a good Quattro to get ?

i see that there are Quattro's and Quattro Switch's

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭cormacl

quattro-switch are essentially quads

If its hm-sat.de you are looking at..
    the Quattro LNB, Edision QL-5, 0.2 dB, 40 mm are what I bought.. €19/each and they worked fine for 13/19 reception on an 80cm dish.

i ordered the Edision QL-5, and a ProfiLine Multiswitch 9/16
    I also got a 78cm Triax.

I am gonna use it foe 28.2e, and i am wondering now if i should have gone for an 88cm, as i have read that you should go for a larger dish when using a Multiswitch, to compinsate for loss

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭cormacl

you should be fine. My 28.2 quad feed is from a regular sky minidish and feeds through my multiswitch no probs.
    No issues with signal

• Advertisement
    byte

pa990 wrote: »
    i ordered the Edision QL-5, and a ProfiLine Multiswitch 9/16
    I also got a 78cm Triax.

I am gonna use it foe 28.2e, and i am wondering now if i should have gone for an 88cm, as i have read that you should go for a larger dish when using a Multiswitch, to compinsate for loss
    The TD78 should be more than adequate. Bear in mind that the Profiline has gain on the satellite inputs to counteract insertion loss.

great stuff, thanks everyone for your help and info

Advertisement