Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport to the Gathering II

Options
  • 02-07-2008 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

This is a thread to try and help organise transport to the gathering II, to request lifts or offer them.

Same story as the old thread.

Could people include where and when they can meet and whether its a full weekend you are going for and any other relevant info you can think of.

For offers can you mention how many seats you have free.

Me first;

Lift wanted, 1 person plus gear,

Can meet in trim co.meath, along n3, or anywhere in dublin.

Full weekend,

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Lift wanted.
    One person plus bag.
    Full weeekend.
    Can meet anywhere in Dublin.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

lift wanted

one plus gear/tent etc

saturday and sunday

can meet anywhere in dublin that has public transport access from swords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Can offer lift for 1.
    Will be leaving Kildare area at approx 2pm on the Friday.
    Going for the full weekend i.e. back home Sunday at some stage.

Edit: I am an smoker and will allow smoking in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dantalker

I'm a complete newbie here guys, and still checking on availability of places, but if I can get myself in, I'll drive and offer lifts to 2 people from Limerick. You'll have to put up with being asked a pile of questions...

If you can tolerate, I've got room.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

With the deadline looming anyone who definitely wants to go and can't get a lift I'm looking into getting public transport down, train or bus, and organising a taxi van to get us to and from the event.

http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/printed_timetable_pdfs/2008/Dublin%20Galway%2008.pdf Train

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202289527-20.pdf Bus

The idea would be we'd all meet in town at the train or bus station, head down together and meet a mini bus to go to gtac.

The only thing is the train stations are all a bit away from the site, I don't know the bus route.

Anyone who is up for heading down in a group please say so or pm me, any suggestions for how to get down are welcome, I'm thinking train myself, but just unsure where to get off.

• Advertisement

You can count me into the possy for the train

im in a few q's for lifts, but ill take the train as a plan B, which will probably turn into a plan

id be able to get to any train station or bus stop in town :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Lads,

For anyone looking to get Bus or Train, it would be far easier and cheaper to get the Bus from Dublin to Portumna. I'm sure that Martin/Evelyn can arrange something or a few volunteers can shuttle a few people from Portumna to the site, it's only about 10-15 mins.

I've left a linky for the Bus from Dublin to Portumna

http://194.106.151.94/jplan/bin/query.exe/en?seqnr=1&ident=ea.04776187.1215434059&OK#focus

sci-ops wrote: »
    Lads,

For anyone looking to get Bus or Train, it would be far easier and cheaper to get the Bus from Dublin to Portumna. I'm sure that Martin/Evelyn can arrange something or a few volunteers can shuttle a few people from Portumna to the site, it's only about 10-15 mins.

I've left a linky for the Bus from Dublin to Portumna

http://194.106.151.94/jplan/bin/query.exe/en?seqnr=1&ident=ea.04776187.1215434059&OK#focus

Great, that's far closer.

Have a few more possibles, can confirm tonight.

Plan is bus eireann to portumna, then mini bus, will organise mini bus soon based on numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Killinator

sci-ops wrote: »
    a few volunteers can shuttle a few people from Portumna to the site, it's only about 10-15 mins.

I would be happy to shuffle a few stranded in portumna, but i'll be down late enough on friday(as things stand),
    as long as id dosnt interfere with games then id be happy to help, as snipersight would be im sure

• Advertisement

I have 3 more going, plus doc myself and possibly senordindong.

5 at least anyway.

The bus to portumna is at 4pm on friday from the connoly luas stop, arriving at 6:35pm.
    The return is at 5:15pm on sunday arriving in dublin at 8:40pm.

20€ adult return, 16€ student return. price

There is no saturday service, so it will be two nights camping.

A possible alternative is to get a bus to ballinasloe, which will be more flexible time wise, but a little further away.

Mini bus is a fiver a head.

So for anyone interested, we'll meet at 3.30pm at the connoly luas stop on Friday, getting the bus at 4, we'll get to portumna at 6.30pm and meet the mini bus, and get to g-tac soon after to set up camp etc.

At 4.30pm on the sunday, we'll get the mini bus back to portumna, get the bus eireann at 5.15pm and be back in smelly dublin at 8.40pm.

Anyone interested leave a message here so I can inform the mini bus of numbers, we have 6 heads so far, also pm me a mobile number in case we lose you in dublin before we set off.

Total cost is 16 plus 10 for students, 20 plus 10 for adults. (bus eireann then mini bus return)

I'm in, however, times may be difficult, being a nine to five-er.
    Iwill try to get the time off work but if not I will have to follow y'all down on Kearns bus service, from Cathal Brugha St....beside the Gresham. It's a little more frequent and will go straight to Portumna.
    I will let you know as soon as possible though about the mini bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Motosam wrote: »
    Mini bus is a fiver a head.

So for anyone interested, we'll meet at 3.30pm at the connoly luas stop

The connolly luas stop is closed now and has become a construction site, luas now terminates at abbey street instead. This may not affect where the bus picks up, but just incase.

kdouglas wrote: »
    The connolly luas stop is closed now and has become a construction site, luas now terminates at abbey street instead. This may not affect where the bus picks up, but just incase.

It may just be an old name for the stop on the site.

Will ring to confirm place of departure for bus.

count me in, and except a funny encounter with the bus driver, usually i get in rows with this sort of thing voer my student card, for some reason most people think national college of ireland is a fake college i made up

btw do you just buy the tickets of the driver ...or must we book ahead, id hate to see someone not get on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

I get my Bus to Edenderry from the Luas stop at Connolly, so if that's where the Portumna bus departs from, it should still be there.

I also usually pay the Bus driver. Would imagine it's the same for Portumna.

You can buy a ticket in busaras, or when getting on the bus.

Its where the busses stop outside connoly station that we are getting the bus, I'll try to be up there good and early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Gar, Wolfie and Myself will be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Bob D'Nailer

Offering lift.

Leaving Red Cow Luas Depot Friday 2ish (but I can wait for people within reason)
    Space for 2
    Smokers welcome

WARNING: i'm not returning to Dublin on sunday but will drop to Limerick/Tipperary train or bus depots.

Bob

• Advertisement

Slight change of plans, the bus down is now going to be the 6 o clock kearns bus from cathal brugha street, opposite dit, we'll meet at 5:30 at dit.

It will get us to portumna at 9, then mini bus, then set up tents, it will be bright until late so its ok.

This is a better time to get a bus to suit those that may be working.

Edit: I'm going to ring everyone now to confirm.

Sounds great to me.
    May even be some time for a little recon.

P.S. You pay on the bus with Kearns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Anyone driving down from Galway over the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

when you thinking of going down

Anytime Bruce, just want to head down for a few pints/Burgers ;) etc

i might head down sunday morning
    is ther a bus you can get to oranmore or claregalway?

Should be able to find a way ya, cheers Bruce

nothing certain but
    ring me tomorropw round 6

Advertisement