Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The TV Show Time tunnel

Options
  • 02-07-2008 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

I know this show is probably from the 60s or 70s but i remember watching it every sunday on sky 1 in the 80s, Sky was a new channel back then.

Another one would be Land of the Giants. That was on early sunday mornings on channel 4.

Speaking of sky. I can remember the first day it became available. Dont know how i remember this but there was an advert for a balisto bar. Its always stuck in my head for some reason.

Not too sure if this was sky or super channel but there was a show called manimal. He could turn into a puma,snake and an eagle.

Good times.

The only worry you had back then was doing your homework.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I loved the Time Tunnel. I think it ran from about 1966 on. Round the time of the original Star Trek. I looked it up on Wikipedia and found out a huge amount about it after having seen a re run last year on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Land of the Giants was great although I was a bit scared of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭renmorescout

I remember watching Time Tunnel, I think it had a very weird revolving tunnell thing that they went into and got smaller and smaller, then appeared in another time.
    I also remember being absolutly terrified of a program called The Invaders"
    I recall some thing about a suitcase full of "blobs" that were the baby invaders
    and hiding behind the couch! :eek: I must look it up! Anyone else remember it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Poppy78

Sky channel, channel, reaching out to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,723 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

freddyf wrote: »
    Not too sure if this was sky or super channel but there was a show called manimal. He could turn into a puma,snake and an eagle.
    That's being repeated at the moment on one of the satellite channels

• Advertisement

Poppy78 wrote: »
    Sky channel, channel, reaching out to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Was Time Tunnel ever shown on RTE in the late 70s early 80s does anyone know?I saw it mentioned somewhere else and it seems vaguely familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

darkdubh wrote: »
    Was Time Tunnel ever shown on RTE in the late 70s early 80s does anyone know?I saw it mentioned somewhere else and it seems vaguely familiar.

Yes it was, I can't be specific about the years but I remember watching in on RTE back in the late Seventies/early Eighties.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Yes it was, I can't be specific about the years but I remember watching in on RTE back in the late Seventies/early Eighties.

Ditto...I remember thinking as a kid how great it would be to be able to go back in time. Back then, it never occurred to me how the two time travellers always managed to land in the middle of the most momentous events in history. And when, for instance, they were skulking around the newly-built pyramids in Egypt, they would be challenged by guards who spoke perfect English!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

Do i remember Pat Sharpe being the first presenter on SKY 1 -

• Advertisement
Advertisement