Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best game ever made coming to the DS?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Now that would be something to look forward to alright. Chrono on DS with Phantom Hourglass like controls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

ctds that must stand for Chrono Trigger Ds :D I am getting all excited

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

OK, from looking around, its going to be a port of the SNES version. Same graphics, same music. New to this version will be dual screen support, touch screen controls, wireless play, and 1 new dungeon. Due out in the States at Christmas.

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/07/02/chrono-trigger-new-ds-features-unveiled-in-u-s-this-year/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Someone posted a link a while ago somewhere else but I had no idea what it was. Looks interesting. I've always wanted to play Chrono Trigger but just never got the chance to.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,558 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yipeee!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I find it quite disturbing that I knew this thread was going to be about Chrono Trigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Oh please... please... please let this be Chrono Trigger for the DS.

like it could have been anything else with that ticking :p looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm actually glad that it's seems like it's going to be a conservative port. I'd hate to see them messing around with perfection too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Never played it and these days I've kinda moved beyond JRPGS, however im sure this'll be worth a bosh, whats the difficulty curve like on the original?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,888 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Never played it and these days I've kinda moved beyond JRPGS, however im sure this'll be worth a bosh, whats the difficulty curve like on the original?

It's not difficult at all, you can easily beat the game without any power levelling. Really well paced. Arguably the best JRPG ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I'm actually glad that it's seems like it's going to be a conservative port. I'd hate to see them messing around with perfection too much.

I'm not so sure. It'll be nice to see a new generation exposed to such a great game, but for someone who has already played through it several times I really cant see myself doing so again if it's a port.

Unless of course there's something dramatically different that we're not seeing right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Great news:). I've been hoping a great RPG like this would be ported to the DS. I was waiting for FF6 but this is better! Never played Chrono Trigger because back then i was a Megadrive man but heard lots of good things about it.

I was looking online about it just now and i can't believe i missed out on the sequel on the playstaion back in 2000. Chrono Cross? Damn it!, that was back when all i played was JRPGs! Not so much anymore because just don't have the time to invest in them. (Also FF 12 really left a bad taste).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,888 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You probably missed out on Chrono Cross because it was only ever released in America. TBH you aren't missing much. The game got rave reviews since it was the sequel to Chrono Trigger but it's now seen as a big disappointment. It has very little to do with chrono trigger, in fact it's barely even a sequel and doesn't play anything like it. It's decent enough but definitely not squares best.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Other way to play this, I guess, is to get a Snes emu running on the R4DS and play the original, of course one cannot condone such behaviour, I'm told the QuakeDS port is especially excellent...

Not that I'd know you understand...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

have they got the snes emus working good on the ds yet? I havnt tried in about a year.

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Other way to play this, I guess, is to get a Snes emu running on the R4DS and play the original, of course one cannot condone such behaviour,

Well that's it exactly. As I was saying, unless they really bring something new to it, then you might as well just be doing this.

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    have they got the snes emus working good on the ds yet? I havnt tried in about a year.

Still not 100% the last time I checked. It varies games to game though. Some work fine. Although I haven't used any DS snes emus in a while now after getting a psp ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Frackin excellent. I love this game! It makes me glad to own a DS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Nevr heard of nor played it back in the day, looks excellent though, well worth cheking out. there are a few games looking good for the next 6 months or so.

Master of the Universe

Nevr heard of nor played it back in the day,

Yeah it was never realeased in Europe. :( Really annoying actually.

Advertisement