Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! How do I get files off my hard drive ?

Options
  • 02-07-2008 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Ive just got my first hard drive. Its a Lacie 500gb one. The problem im having is that its backing everything to drive d / acerdata d which looks like a drive thats on my computer, which I trhink means its not going onto my hard drive.

Is it possible to open my hard drive and view what is on it and take things off or read from it etc ? Id like to see what has been saved to it or if anything at all has been backed up.

Should it not be saving to the hard drive rather than this D drive ?

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Im kinda confused by what you are asking.
    If you look at "My computer", are you not seeing the two (or more ) hard-drives?
    What is the issue with saving, or copying data from one to the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭pdevo

is the lacie 500gb a external hdd or internal

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

Sorry its a is the external drive.

When I go into my computer I have C drive and D drive then a Lacia icon with F beside it. But when I click on that it brings up the back up screen. It asks me what id like to back up etc.

Id like to be able to what is on the drive even, at least then id know it is saving to it.

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭pdevo

if you right click on the f drive and go to explore it should show you whats on it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It sounds like you are launching some sort of a backup program that came with the hdd rather than looking at the HDD itself. Its possible that you may have to go through some sort of reg process on this program before you can see the HDD on My Computer.
    Is it under "Devices with removable storage"?
    If its XP or Vista it sould pop-up automatically with a dialog box requesting if you want to view files etc. once you plug in the HDD via USB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

Thanks lads, Idont think I formated it. Its formating now. Do you think that will do it or is that something that needs to be done with them ?

Cheers

Advertisement