Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Open Mozilla Website

Options
  • 02-07-2008 7:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Been trying to open http://www.mozilla.org/ for awhile and keep getting "Page Load Error" address can't be found. I'm using FF3 and have also tried IE. I've also tried my other laptops and the same thing. Any ideas of whats up here?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Works for me in FF3 with utv. Try pinging 63.245.213.14 (mozilla.org's ip) and see does that go through ok. If it does look for a dns problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

MarkR wrote: »
    Works for me in FF3 with utv. Try pinging 63.245.213.14 (mozilla.org's ip) and see does that go through ok. If it does look for a dns problem.

Yes it pings no problem with no packets lost. Why just this site and how do I look for a dns problem?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Try http://63.245.213.14 in your browser.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Try http://63.245.213.14 in your browser.

Nope, that doesn't work. I've tried the 3 laptops in the house and it doesn't work.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

change your dns servers to opendns.com details perhaps:
    Our nameservers are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »

not sure how to do that cabaal, om my router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

AntiRip wrote: »
    not sure how to do that cabaal, om my router?
    Start->Control Panel->Network Connections->Right Click your internet connection->Scroll down the list in the pop up to Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) and double click-> Insert custom DNS

Cabaal wrote: »

Mirror wrote: »
    Start->Control Panel->Network Connections->Right Click your internet connection->Scroll down the list in the pop up to Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) and double click-> Insert custom DNS

Thanks guys. This worked for me ;)

Any ideas why this happened at all :confused: I've always had DNS on automatic without any troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

AntiRip wrote: »
    Thanks guys. This worked for me ;)

Any ideas why this happened at all :confused: I've always had DNS on automatic without any troubles.
    Temporary glitch in the system, it happens. When your ISP update their tables, it'll be fine.

Advertisement